Dallas claims Pens' Jeffrey off waivers
Seldom-used Penguins forward Dustin Jeffrey was claimed off waivers by the Dallas Stars.
Jeffrey produced 15 goals and 28 points in 100 career games with the Penguins. He was a healthy scratch in 10 of the Penguins' first 20 games this season, registering only an assist.
Jeffrey spent parts of seven seasons in the Penguins' organization and enjoyed his most success in the 2010-11 season, when he scored seven goals in 25 games before a knee injury ended his season.
The Penguins placed him on waivers Saturday. The Stars claimed him that night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sloppy Penguins fall to Hurricanes
- Carnegie boy with rare gene mutation enjoys 1st Penguins game
- Penguins notebook: Malkin clicking on power play
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Penguins notebook: Johnston calls Quinn ‘phenomenal’ coach, person
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina