Dallas claims Pens' Jeffrey off waivers
Seldom-used Penguins forward Dustin Jeffrey was claimed off waivers by the Dallas Stars.
Jeffrey produced 15 goals and 28 points in 100 career games with the Penguins. He was a healthy scratch in 10 of the Penguins' first 20 games this season, registering only an assist.
Jeffrey spent parts of seven seasons in the Penguins' organization and enjoyed his most success in the 2010-11 season, when he scored seven goals in 25 games before a knee injury ended his season.
The Penguins placed him on waivers Saturday. The Stars claimed him that night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Under Rutherford, it’s been a sizeable shakeup for Penguins
- Winnik impresses Penguins in first workout
- Baby Penguins notebook: Goalie Murray on historic run of success
- Penguins’ Kunitz makes a dream come true
- Penguins notebook: Shootouts becoming a concern
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins competition among bottom six
- Penguins eye move for former center Staal
- Penguins notebook: No discipline for Capitals’ Wilson
- Penguins notebook: As Pens get healthy, Sill is finding place in lineup
- Crosby fights, Penguins lose to Blue Jackets