Dallas claims Pens' Jeffrey off waivers
Seldom-used Penguins forward Dustin Jeffrey was claimed off waivers by the Dallas Stars.
Jeffrey produced 15 goals and 28 points in 100 career games with the Penguins. He was a healthy scratch in 10 of the Penguins' first 20 games this season, registering only an assist.
Jeffrey spent parts of seven seasons in the Penguins' organization and enjoyed his most success in the 2010-11 season, when he scored seven goals in 25 games before a knee injury ended his season.
The Penguins placed him on waivers Saturday. The Stars claimed him that night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Penguins’ Kapanen bolsters chance to make team in exhibition win
- Penguins notebook: Scuderi OK with new defensive system
- Penguins notebook: Injury to sideline Bennett 6 weeks
- Penguins notebook: Wild beat Pens behind Pominville’s hat trick
- Penguins notebook: Consol ice still a matter of concern
- Penguins’ Kapanen impressing under tutelage of Maatta
- Wings coach Babcock does not hide affection for Penguins’ Crosby
- Ex-assistant Granato: No animosity toward Penguins