Dallas claims Pens' Jeffrey off waivers
Seldom-used Penguins forward Dustin Jeffrey was claimed off waivers by the Dallas Stars.
Jeffrey produced 15 goals and 28 points in 100 career games with the Penguins. He was a healthy scratch in 10 of the Penguins' first 20 games this season, registering only an assist.
Jeffrey spent parts of seven seasons in the Penguins' organization and enjoyed his most success in the 2010-11 season, when he scored seven goals in 25 games before a knee injury ended his season.
The Penguins placed him on waivers Saturday. The Stars claimed him that night.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, ruled out
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Memorable night for Pouliot, Trocheck
- Minor league report: Other prospects on Penguins’ radar
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- Penguins star Crosby talks about his experience with mumps
- Crosby puts in extra work in effort to end goal-scoring drought
- Malkin’s success a source of pride for Russian educator
- Penguins notebook: Team trades Samuelsson for Coyotes forward Klinkhammer
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Pens’ mumps fight escalates