Dallas claims Pens' Jeffrey off waivers
Seldom-used Penguins forward Dustin Jeffrey was claimed off waivers by the Dallas Stars.
Jeffrey produced 15 goals and 28 points in 100 career games with the Penguins. He was a healthy scratch in 10 of the Penguins' first 20 games this season, registering only an assist.
Jeffrey spent parts of seven seasons in the Penguins' organization and enjoyed his most success in the 2010-11 season, when he scored seven goals in 25 games before a knee injury ended his season.
The Penguins placed him on waivers Saturday. The Stars claimed him that night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- Downie, Ehrhoff lead list of likely Penguins leaving in free agency
- Penguins bringing back defenseman Cole with 3-year extension
- Scouts think Penguins could regain luster with minor tinkering
- No team did less than Penguins at NHL Draft
- Penguins notebook: GM Rutherford seeks balance at forward
- Penguins take winger Sprong in 2nd round, add 3 more forwards in NHL Draft
- Rossi: Gonchar is what Pens need
- Penguins deflect trade inquiries, decide to stand pat during NHL Draft
- Penguins intend to sign Russian winger Plotnikov, target Tikhonov
- Attention on Connor McDavid similar to that on Crosby