Dallas claims Pens' Jeffrey off waivers
By Josh Yohe
Published: Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013, 3:48 p.m.
Seldom-used Penguins forward Dustin Jeffrey was claimed off waivers by the Dallas Stars.
Jeffrey produced 15 goals and 28 points in 100 career games with the Penguins. He was a healthy scratch in 10 of the Penguins' first 20 games this season, registering only an assist.
Jeffrey spent parts of seven seasons in the Penguins' organization and enjoyed his most success in the 2010-11 season, when he scored seven goals in 25 games before a knee injury ended his season.
The Penguins placed him on waivers Saturday. The Stars claimed him that night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Penguins’ Bylsma and Blue Jackets’ Richards know each other well
- Plum native Umberger inching closer to making return for Blue Jackets
- Q&A with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman
- Physical Columbus team is a hit in playoff opener against Penguins
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win
- Penguins coach Bylsma’s system will be put to test in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Penguins notebook: Goc skates, tests ailing ankle
- Penguins notebook: Team calls for playoff `gold-out’ in Game 1
- Penguins’ Malkin expects to play in Game 1