• Evgeni Malkin's “great” November was not enough to earn the NHL's top star for the month. Malkin, whose 21 assists were the most by any player since Wayne Gretzky hit that mark in January 1996, was the No. 2 star for November, even though he led all players with 25 points. Malkin was twice the No. 1 star for a week in November. The No. 1 star was Chicago's Patrick Kane, who scored four winning goals among his nine markers. Minnesota goalie Josh Harding, who went 8-2-2 with a 1.88 goals-against average, was the No. 3 star.
• Earning an equipment penalty for wearing his jersey tucked has not completely deterred Malkin, who sported that look during the Penguins' morning practice at Nassau Coliseum on Tuesday. He received a minor penalty for an equipment infraction Friday. NHL players are prohibited from tucking in their jerseys for the first time this season. Malkin is one of several players to have publicly voiced his displeasure with the rule.
• The Penguins still have not determined if they will loan defenseman Olli Maatta to Finland for the World Junior Championship, general manager Ray Shero said.
• Select tickets for the outdoor game between the Penguins and Blackhawks at Chicago's Soldier Field will be available at 10 a.m. Dec. 11. Fans can purchase through Ticketmaster's website. The Penguins and Blackhawks are playing outdoors at 8 p.m. March 1 as part of the NHL's Stadium Series. Each club will wear special uniforms that emphasize their secondary colors, though those have yet to be officially unveiled.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.