• Defenseman Brian Dumoulin was considered by many in the organization the prospect most likely to reach Pittsburgh during the 2013-14 season. He finally did, though not via the expected course. Dumoulin sustained an injury during training camp, which robbed him of an opportunity to impress the coaching staff. He then started the season slowly while playing for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. However, Dumoulin has improved in recent games, and the Penguins have suffered a number of injuries to their blue line, prompting his promotion to the NHL. “I feel like I've been solid,” said Dumoulin, a healthy scratch Monday when the Penguins took on the Blue Jackets. “I feel like I've been solid. I've been working on my defensive game.” Dumoulin was acquired during the 2012 NHL Entry Draft in a trade that included Jordan Staal, Brandon Sutter and the draft's eighth overall pick (Derrick Pouliot).
• Center Evgeni Malkin returned to the lineup Monday against Columbus. With James Neal (suspended) out of the lineup, Malkin skated on a line with left wing Jussi Jokinen and right wing Jayson Megna.
• The Penguins aired a video tribute of Bill Guerin, the team's player development coach, who recently was inducted into the United State Hockey Hall of Fame. Guerin received a thunderous standing ovation.
• Columbus has been hit by a rash of recent injuries and was without two of its biggest names, goalie Sergei Bobrovsky and defenseman James Wisniewski, against the Penguins.
• Left wing Harry Zolnierczyk was the Penguins' other healthy scratch.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.