Penguins wing Dupuis undergoes successful ACL surgery
The Penguins announced right wing Pascal Dupuis underwent successful surgery Wednesday to repair a torn ACL in his right knee.
Dupuis, 34, was injured Dec. 23 in Ottawa six months after signing a four-year, $15 million contract with the Penguins. He produced seven goals and 20 points in 39 games this season.
Dupuis was injured when Ottawa defenseman Marc Methot's hip check sent center Sidney Crosby flying into Dupuis' knee.
Although the Penguins haven't confirmed that he will miss the season, such a surgery generally has a minimum recovery time of six months.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Penguins’ Scuderi, Despres an odd couple on defense
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Penguins notebook: Fleury awaits word on when he’ll vie for 300th victory
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie