• Even though the team came home between trips to Chicago and Nashville, the Penguins are embarking on their second of five consecutive games on the road — their longest “road trip” in almost exactly three years. Considering they've lost three consecutive and have dealt with peculiarities such as the Olympic break and an outdoor game, some players are embracing the trip as a bonding opportunity. “For us, it's a chance maybe to just focus on hockey,” defenseman Rob Scuderi said.
• The Penguins departed Southpointe almost exactly 50 hours before the 3 p.m. Wednesday NHL trade deadline. “It's always a tough time of year for guys,” said center Brandon Sutter, whom reportedly is the subject of trade talks. “I think (the trade deadline) is secretly in the back of everyone's head, but we know we've got a good group here, and we know what our goal is, and everyone's on the same page. It'll be nice to get that day over with so we can worry about the stretch run.”
• A talking point for many Penguins players was a need to reacquire the passion and desperation that has been missing in recent weeks. With a division lead of 14 points that has been even greater at times, some players are blaming resulting complacency for the recent mediocre stretch of play. “We need to find a way to make sure we have that (desperation) within the room.” captain Sidney Crosby said.
• Chuck Kobasew skated as a wing on the fourth line during practice Monday. Not long after it ended, word broke that the 31-year-old had been placed on waivers. He has 24 hours to clear.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.