Penguins' 1st-round playoff schedule released
The Penguins will host the Columbus Blue Jackets in Game 1 of their first-round Stanley Cup playoff series at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Consol Energy Center.
The NHL released the complete first-round schedule Sunday night. The first four games of the best-of-seven series will air on NBC Sports Network.
Games 2-4 will be at 7 p.m., with the Penguins hosting Game 2 on Saturday before the Blue Jackets host Games 3-4 on April 21 and 23.
If needed, Game 5 would be April 26 in Pittsburgh, Game 6 on April 28 in Columbus and Game 7 on April 30 in Pittsburgh at times to be determined. Television broadcasts have not been announced for Games 5-7.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best
- Replacing versatile Dupuis could prove difficult for Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- Penguins’ Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in lung
- Penguins defenseman Maatta makes his return in win over Canadiens
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout
- Therrien, Gonchar not missing a beat after reuniting in Montreal