NHL fines Rangers goalie Lundqvist $5,000
Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist fined $5,000 by the NHL for squirting Penguins center Sidney Crosby with his water bottle during Game 6.
The incident occurred at the second period's conclusion. During a scrum in front of New York's net, Lundqvist squirted Crosby with water for an extended period of time.
Twenty-four hours earlier, Bruins right wing Shawn Thornton was fined $2,820.52 for squirting water from the bench into the face of Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban. Lundqvist's fine was steeper because his base salary is considerably higher than Thornton's.
The Penguins and Rangers play Game 7 of their series on Tuesday at Consol Energy Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- Penguins fans from England, Spain journey across pond to Pittsburgh
- Penguins’ Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in lung
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout
- Rossi: For Penguins’ Dupuis, family must come first
- Therrien, Gonchar not missing a beat after reuniting in Montreal
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis to miss Penguins game in Montreal
- Penguins notebook: Fleury awaits word on when he’ll vie for 300th victory
- Penguins defenseman Maatta makes his return in win over Canadiens