NHL fines Rangers goalie Lundqvist $5,000
Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist fined $5,000 by the NHL for squirting Penguins center Sidney Crosby with his water bottle during Game 6.
The incident occurred at the second period's conclusion. During a scrum in front of New York's net, Lundqvist squirted Crosby with water for an extended period of time.
Twenty-four hours earlier, Bruins right wing Shawn Thornton was fined $2,820.52 for squirting water from the bench into the face of Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban. Lundqvist's fine was steeper because his base salary is considerably higher than Thornton's.
The Penguins and Rangers play Game 7 of their series on Tuesday at Consol Energy Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- Penguins’ Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in lung
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- Penguins notebook: Fleury awaits word on when he’ll vie for 300th victory
- Replacing versatile Dupuis could prove difficult for Penguins
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Rossi: For Penguins’ Dupuis, family must come first