NHL fines Rangers goalie Lundqvist $5,000
Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist fined $5,000 by the NHL for squirting Penguins center Sidney Crosby with his water bottle during Game 6.
The incident occurred at the second period's conclusion. During a scrum in front of New York's net, Lundqvist squirted Crosby with water for an extended period of time.
Twenty-four hours earlier, Bruins right wing Shawn Thornton was fined $2,820.52 for squirting water from the bench into the face of Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban. Lundqvist's fine was steeper because his base salary is considerably higher than Thornton's.
The Penguins and Rangers play Game 7 of their series on Tuesday at Consol Energy Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Martin not concerned about expiring contract
- Crosby appreciates his relationship with Penguins fans
- Penguins goalie prospects push each other amid friendly competition
- AHL overtime rules create some confusion for Penguins prospects
- Penguins’ Johnston eager to implement up-tempo style
- Recchi relishes new role with Penguins
- Ex-Penguin Malone looking for 2nd chance
- Penguins goalie Fleury, a free agent at end of season, wants to stay
- NHL becomes no-spin zone during shootouts
- Rookie tourney offers opportunity for Penguins’ prospects
- Penguins report to training camp Sept. 18