NHL fines Rangers goalie Lundqvist $5,000
Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist fined $5,000 by the NHL for squirting Penguins center Sidney Crosby with his water bottle during Game 6.
The incident occurred at the second period's conclusion. During a scrum in front of New York's net, Lundqvist squirted Crosby with water for an extended period of time.
Twenty-four hours earlier, Bruins right wing Shawn Thornton was fined $2,820.52 for squirting water from the bench into the face of Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban. Lundqvist's fine was steeper because his base salary is considerably higher than Thornton's.
The Penguins and Rangers play Game 7 of their series on Tuesday at Consol Energy Center.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Penguins notebook: Wild beat Pens behind Pominville’s hat trick
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Penguins notebook: Consol ice still a matter of concern
- Penguins notebook: Scuderi OK with new defensive system
- With analytics, NHL is whole new game
- Penguins’ Kapanen bolsters chance to make team in exhibition win
- Veteran right winger Adams fighting for roster spot with Penguins
- Penguins’ Kapanen impressing under tutelage of Maatta
- Ex-assistant Granato: No animosity toward Penguins