Pens, Highmark join for dek hockey initiative
Five dek hockey rinks will be constructed in the region this summer as part of a Project Power Play initiative between the Penguins Foundation and Highmark.
The rinks are scheduled for Renzie Park in McKeesport, Bloomfield Park in Pittsburgh, Settler's Cabin in Oakdale, North Park in Allison Park and Graham Park in Cranberry.
Project Power Play is a $2.3 million initiative introduced in 2012 for the construction of 12 rinks over a four-year period. Six rinks have been built.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Fleury collects career win No. 300 in crucial game against Bruins
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Penguins notebook: Johnston calls Quinn ‘phenomenal’ coach, person
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- Bennett, Fleury lead Penguins to a complete victory over Canadiens
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best
- Penguins notebook: Fleury awaits word on when he’ll vie for 300th victory
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration