Penguins' preseason schedule begins, ends with Red Wings
The Penguins will begin and conclude their preseason with games against the Detroit Red Wings.
Detroit will visit Pittsburgh for the Penguins' preseason opener at 7 p.m. Sept. 22.
The Penguins also will host Minnesota and Columbus in preseason action. They'll play the same three teams on the road, finishing the preseason Oct. 1 in Detroit.
The regular-season schedule will be released in July.
— Josh Yohe
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Penguins notebook: Johnston calls Quinn ‘phenomenal’ coach, person
- Penguins minor league notebook: Pouliot impresses early in season
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Fleury collects career win No. 300 in crucial game against Bruins
- Penguins’ Dupuis diagnosed with blood clot in lung
- Rossi: For Penguins’ Dupuis, family must come first
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill