Penguins to open 2014-15 season at home against Anaheim
The Penguins don't yet have a coach, but they know against whom they will begin the 2014-15 season.
The Anaheim Ducks will play Oct. 9 at Consol Energy Center in the season opener for both teams.
Ducks goaltender John Gibson, a Whitehall native, could play against the Penguins for the first time.
The Penguins went 2-0 against Anaheim last season. Both teams lost a Game 7 on their home ice in the second round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
The full NHL schedule will be released Sunday.
— Josh Yohe
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Penguins notebook: Wild beat Pens behind Pominville’s hat trick
- Penguins notebook: Scuderi OK with new defensive system
- Penguins notebook: Consol ice still a matter of concern
- Penguins’ Kapanen bolsters chance to make team in exhibition win
- Penguins notebook: Ex-teammate Cooke says ‘I feel for’ Shero, Bylsma
- Ex-assistant Granato: No animosity toward Penguins
- Apparent knee injury leaves Penguins’ Bennett in limbo
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0
- With analytics, NHL is whole new game