Penguins to open 2014-15 season at home against Anaheim
The Penguins don't yet have a coach, but they know against whom they will begin the 2014-15 season.
The Anaheim Ducks will play Oct. 9 at Consol Energy Center in the season opener for both teams.
Ducks goaltender John Gibson, a Whitehall native, could play against the Penguins for the first time.
The Penguins went 2-0 against Anaheim last season. Both teams lost a Game 7 on their home ice in the second round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
The full NHL schedule will be released Sunday.
— Josh Yohe
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Penguins notebook: Johnston pleased with Downie’s all-around play
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Penguins notebook: Crosby understands NHL’s reasoning for ban
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game