Penguins notebook: Penguins not looking to trade Fleury
Click here to sign up for one of our email newsletters.
Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury takes a break from clearing out his locker and talks with a reporter at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Thursday, May 15, 2014. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar)
• The Penguins are not looking to trade goalie Marc-Andre Fleury, who is set to enter the final season of his contract. Fleury is one of three players that new Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford has told NHL counterparts is not available. The others are centers Sidney Crosby andEvgeni Malkin, each of whom has a full no-movement clause in his contract. Fleury, 29, has a limited trade clause that allows him to designate teams to which he would accept a trade. He has won 35 games in six of the last seven seasons, not including the 2013 lockout campaign when he won 23 games in 33 appearances.
• Representatives for defenseman Paul Martin spoke with new coach Mike Johnston and associate general manager Jason Botterill on Friday in Philadelphia, and the meeting went well. Martin, 33, has one year remaining on his contract and showed no interest in signing an extension with the Penguins earlier this month. However, the Penguins believe Martin's skill set is a perfect match for Johnston's philosophy, which emphasizes puck possession and defenseman who can jump into the play. The Penguins' previous coaching staff consistently rated Martin as the club's top defenseman in recent seasons.
• Left winger Tanner Glass said he will not return to the Penguins. Glass, 30, is one of 11 players scheduled to test unrestricted free agency. He scored five goals in 115 games over the last two seasons. Glass finished this past season eighth in the NHL with 247 hits, despite missing 15 contests with a broken hand.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.