Penguins re-sign Megna, Samuelsson to 1-year deals
Two of the more promising young players in the Penguins' system, forward Jayson Megna and defenseman Philip Samuelsson, were re-signed Thursday.
Each player was a restricted free agent and received one-year, two-way deals.
Megna, who has five goals in 36 NHL games, will receive $874,125 at the NHL level.
Samuelsson, who played briefly with the Penguins last season, will earn $550,000 if he plays with the NHL club.
— Josh Yohe
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal
- Penguins trade for Toronto’s Kessel
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- Shopping season starts up for Penguins amid onset of free agency
- Penguins intend to sign Russian winger Plotnikov, target Tikhonov
- Downie, Ehrhoff lead list of likely Penguins leaving in free agency
- Starkey: Kessel worth Penguins’ inquiry
- Penguins bringing back defenseman Cole with 3-year extension
- Examining the draft trends of the last 3 Penguins GMs
- Defenseman Martin’s agent planning meeting with Penguins at draft
- Scouts think Penguins could regain luster with minor tinkering