Pens executive Peart nabs tech award
Penguins executive David Peart has received a major award for his work in devising the Pens Points rewards program.
Peart, the club's senior vice president of sales and service, was honored last month in the category of Innovation in Sponsorships Sales at the Sports and Alliance in Technology Conference in Miami.
Any sports team executive in the U.S. and Canada could be nominated in the five categories.
Pens Points is the first mobile app-based loyalty program in any sport. It has nearly 90,000 members.
A Kennedy Township native and Point Park graduate, Peart joined the Penguins in 2009 as vice president of business partnerships.
He previously served as vice president of sales and marketing for the San Francisco 49ers, vice president of business development for the Houston Texans and assistant vice president of sponsorship sales for the Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars. He had been director of advertising sales for the Penguins from 1987-93.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Penguins notebook: Letang’s status vs. Jets uncertain
- Penguins recall 4 players
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- NHL All-Star Game notebook: Columbus, Johansen make strong showing
- Injured Crosby, Malkin to miss NHL All-Star Game
- All-Stars consider it a privilege to take part in game