Fleury solid in net in Penguins' preseason loss
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Marc-Andre Fleury, who was benched during the 2013 playoffs, is the Penguins' anointed No. 1 goalie.
He stopped 10 of 12 shots over two periods in a 5-4 overtime loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets in an exhibition game Sunday at Nationwide Arena.
Chuck Kobasew, in training camp on a tryout contract, marked twice to join fellow right winger James Neal and center Dustin Jeffrey as the Penguins' goal scorers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- Electricity rates expected to increase this winter
- Pirates find a bridge at end of baseball world
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Penn State rolls past Massachusetts
- Paying tuition a challenge as costs skyrocket and aid varies
- Former drug dealer, addict give away groceries as part of church’s outreach
- Vandergrift Arts & Crafts Festival brings community together, shows off the town
- More companies embrace exchanges to curb health care costs
- Technical difficulties: Living with the angst of a digital diet
- Hospitals turning to technology to tear down language barriers with patients