Fleury solid in net in Penguins' preseason loss
By Rob Rossi
Published: Sunday, Sept. 15, 2013, 8:54 p.m.
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Marc-Andre Fleury, who was benched during the 2013 playoffs, is the Penguins' anointed No. 1 goalie.
He stopped 10 of 12 shots over two periods in a 5-4 overtime loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets in an exhibition game Sunday at Nationwide Arena.
Chuck Kobasew, in training camp on a tryout contract, marked twice to join fellow right winger James Neal and center Dustin Jeffrey as the Penguins' goal scorers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kovacevic: Big Ben’s contract clock ticking
- Talented center Sutter is proving to be ‘pretty important’ for Penguins
- Taillon among 6 Pirates send to minor league camp
- Western Pennsylvania engineer aboard missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Parking tickets in Downtown Pittsburgh spark outrage
- Analysis: Kesler still on Pens’ radar as Shero aims to bring back ‘Big 3’
- Penguins notebook: Beau Bennett returns to practice
- Starkey: Steelers know when to say goodbye
- Pittsburgh among 14 cities partnering to improve education
- Westmoreland County Courthouse in Greensburg to be featured in TV series
- Agent confirms Mendenhall retiring from NFL