Red Wings sharp in besting Penguins
Tomas Vokoun, who starred for the Penguins last postseason, allowed four goals on 15 shots over two periods in a 4-1 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Monday at Consol Energy Center.
The Penguins are winless (0-1-1) in the NHL exhibition season.
Approximately 10,000 fans attended, even though the Pirates and Steelers each also played Monday.
Center Brandon Sutter scored for the Penguins, who next play at Chicago on Thursday.
Vokoun replaced Marc-Andre Fleury midway through Round 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but Fleury has been named the regular-season starter by coach Dan Bylsma.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- NFL notebook: Sanchez says Eagles signed Tebow as extra arm in camp
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Serious injury reported in Penn Hills fire
- 3 names added to Tuskegee Airmen Memorial in Sewickley
- Parkway West closure canceled
- Defense dominates West Virginia’s spring game
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- Experts met in Nepal week ago to discuss earthquake they knew would rip into Kathmandu
- Views of Heinz Field entice National Guard recruits