Red Wings sharp in besting Penguins
Tomas Vokoun, who starred for the Penguins last postseason, allowed four goals on 15 shots over two periods in a 4-1 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Monday at Consol Energy Center.
The Penguins are winless (0-1-1) in the NHL exhibition season.
Approximately 10,000 fans attended, even though the Pirates and Steelers each also played Monday.
Center Brandon Sutter scored for the Penguins, who next play at Chicago on Thursday.
Vokoun replaced Marc-Andre Fleury midway through Round 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but Fleury has been named the regular-season starter by coach Dan Bylsma.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Travelers love to hate cheap airlines
- Frazier flexes defensive muscles in shutout of Beth-Center
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Roundup: Uncle Charley’s Sausage expands sales to Maryland, Virginia; SABMiller meets with investors amid takeover bid; more
- Feds aim to bring Chinese military leaders to Pittsburgh for trial
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- Connellsville job fair continues to grow
- South Fayette extends winning streak in dominating fashion
- Daily Courier roundup: Mt. Pleasant football team cruises past Brownsville
- Heating oil costs lowest in years