Red Wings sharp in besting Penguins
Tomas Vokoun, who starred for the Penguins last postseason, allowed four goals on 15 shots over two periods in a 4-1 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Monday at Consol Energy Center.
The Penguins are winless (0-1-1) in the NHL exhibition season.
Approximately 10,000 fans attended, even though the Pirates and Steelers each also played Monday.
Center Brandon Sutter scored for the Penguins, who next play at Chicago on Thursday.
Vokoun replaced Marc-Andre Fleury midway through Round 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but Fleury has been named the regular-season starter by coach Dan Bylsma.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Playoff experience pays off for Kittanning in preliminary round win over Elizabeth Forward
- High school roundup: Derry volleyball downs Brownsville in prelminary round
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- House 58th District seat candidates focus on education, taxes
- Calgon Carbon poised for explosive growth
- Unity rally aims to counter negativity of KKK message in ’97
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Statements to stand in Connellsville High School athlete’s slaying
- Market sell-off offers opening
- Fayette seeks ownership of building for jail
- CMU spinoff’s CEO gets council honors