Red Wings sharp in besting Penguins
Tomas Vokoun, who starred for the Penguins last postseason, allowed four goals on 15 shots over two periods in a 4-1 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Monday at Consol Energy Center.
The Penguins are winless (0-1-1) in the NHL exhibition season.
Approximately 10,000 fans attended, even though the Pirates and Steelers each also played Monday.
Center Brandon Sutter scored for the Penguins, who next play at Chicago on Thursday.
Vokoun replaced Marc-Andre Fleury midway through Round 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but Fleury has been named the regular-season starter by coach Dan Bylsma.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- WVU notebook: Holgorsen expects similar effort
- Pirates add six players to roster, including OF Polanco
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Former Dormont businessman avoids jail for wire fraud
- United Kingdom at risk, new poll finds
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense