Red Wings sharp in besting Penguins
Tomas Vokoun, who starred for the Penguins last postseason, allowed four goals on 15 shots over two periods in a 4-1 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Monday at Consol Energy Center.
The Penguins are winless (0-1-1) in the NHL exhibition season.
Approximately 10,000 fans attended, even though the Pirates and Steelers each also played Monday.
Center Brandon Sutter scored for the Penguins, who next play at Chicago on Thursday.
Vokoun replaced Marc-Andre Fleury midway through Round 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but Fleury has been named the regular-season starter by coach Dan Bylsma.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Steelers’ Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Police say topless woman stabs three women during street fight in McKees Rocks
- Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
- UPMC, Pittsburgh drop tax-status fight
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Southern Beltway extension gets funding
- Congressmen ask NCAA to relax PSU penalties
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers