Red Wings sharp in besting Penguins
Tomas Vokoun, who starred for the Penguins last postseason, allowed four goals on 15 shots over two periods in a 4-1 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Monday at Consol Energy Center.
The Penguins are winless (0-1-1) in the NHL exhibition season.
Approximately 10,000 fans attended, even though the Pirates and Steelers each also played Monday.
Center Brandon Sutter scored for the Penguins, who next play at Chicago on Thursday.
Vokoun replaced Marc-Andre Fleury midway through Round 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but Fleury has been named the regular-season starter by coach Dan Bylsma.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- SWAT responds to report of Sheraden fire, threats
- Tennessee’s Peterman to enroll at Pitt in May
- Woman gives birth to baby boy on side of Utah highway
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot heading west with team
- Pens again fail to mount comeback against Nashville
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Go Red again calls attention to heart disease
- Zentangles are ‘yoga for the brain’
- Best way to have a good hair day? Talk to your stylist
- Photo Gallery: Catholic Schools Week in McCandless
- Fine weighed in North Carolina river coal ash spill