Red Wings sharp in besting Penguins
Tomas Vokoun, who starred for the Penguins last postseason, allowed four goals on 15 shots over two periods in a 4-1 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Monday at Consol Energy Center.
The Penguins are winless (0-1-1) in the NHL exhibition season.
Approximately 10,000 fans attended, even though the Pirates and Steelers each also played Monday.
Center Brandon Sutter scored for the Penguins, who next play at Chicago on Thursday.
Vokoun replaced Marc-Andre Fleury midway through Round 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but Fleury has been named the regular-season starter by coach Dan Bylsma.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Heart stent implanted, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg goes home
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Phipps holiday show is flowery winter wonderland
- Pryor’s 22 points lead Robert Morris past Louisiana-Monroe
- Icy roads, bridges trigger minor accidents in Western Pennsylvania
- 3 sets of siblings help Greensburg Central Catholic volleyball achieve championship success
- Aerobics center offers services to Greensburg VFD
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Fashion FYI: Wearable art open house set in Jeannette