Red Wings sharp in besting Penguins
Tomas Vokoun, who starred for the Penguins last postseason, allowed four goals on 15 shots over two periods in a 4-1 loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Monday at Consol Energy Center.
The Penguins are winless (0-1-1) in the NHL exhibition season.
Approximately 10,000 fans attended, even though the Pirates and Steelers each also played Monday.
Center Brandon Sutter scored for the Penguins, who next play at Chicago on Thursday.
Vokoun replaced Marc-Andre Fleury midway through Round 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but Fleury has been named the regular-season starter by coach Dan Bylsma.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hundreds protest Indiana religious freedom law, say it’s discriminatory against gays
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- Pirates notebook: Polanco’s power outburst a matter of timing
- Franklin Regional’s Lee named Tribune-Review Wrestler of the Year
- Pitt notebook: Defense shows up in scrimmage
- Penguins notebook: Johnston stays with team despite mother’s death
- Frye: Big fish come from all over
- Computer science students compete for laurels in 36-hour ‘hackathon’ at Pitt
- Priest rose above illness to love, inspire
- Game Commission to seek license fee increase in 2016-17