Penguins' Jokinen registers hat trick in loss
Forward Beau Bennett seemed to have the upper hand on playing with center Evgeni Malkin and right wing James Neal on the Penguins' second line.
Then Jussi Jokinen received a look.
Jokinen registered a natural hat trick in the second period of a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
Malkin and Neal each produced two assists on Jokinen's scoring barrage.
It was otherwise an indifferent exhibition appearance for the Penguins, who are now 1-3 in the preseason. They next play Monday at home against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago before finishing the preseason Wednesday in Detroit.
Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury played the entire game, allowing three goals on the first six shots before playing significantly better in the game's second half.
Columbus' Boone Jenner scored twice, including the game-winner.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ford City budget may not be final
- Babies welcomed to the world in holiday style
- Angel trees feature pets from shelter
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- November spared Valley effects of wintry weather
- Eastern Pa. man jailed in Armstrong County
- Mentor takes young Brackenridge hunter under his wing
- Shoppers can buy gifts for seniors through Home Instead program
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Demand for surveillance systems boosts sales for Vector Security
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar