Penguins' Jokinen registers hat trick in loss
By Josh Yohe
Published: Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013, 6:48 p.m.
Forward Beau Bennett seemed to have the upper hand on playing with center Evgeni Malkin and right wing James Neal on the Penguins' second line.
Then Jussi Jokinen received a look.
Jokinen registered a natural hat trick in the second period of a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
Malkin and Neal each produced two assists on Jokinen's scoring barrage.
It was otherwise an indifferent exhibition appearance for the Penguins, who are now 1-3 in the preseason. They next play Monday at home against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago before finishing the preseason Wednesday in Detroit.
Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury played the entire game, allowing three goals on the first six shots before playing significantly better in the game's second half.
Columbus' Boone Jenner scored twice, including the game-winner.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- Former Steelers doctor claims agent held gun on him during pat down
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Pa. men to plead guilty to smuggling equipment to Middle East
- Steeler testifies he didn’t know he was stabbed at first
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder