Penguins' Jokinen registers hat trick in loss
Forward Beau Bennett seemed to have the upper hand on playing with center Evgeni Malkin and right wing James Neal on the Penguins' second line.
Then Jussi Jokinen received a look.
Jokinen registered a natural hat trick in the second period of a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
Malkin and Neal each produced two assists on Jokinen's scoring barrage.
It was otherwise an indifferent exhibition appearance for the Penguins, who are now 1-3 in the preseason. They next play Monday at home against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago before finishing the preseason Wednesday in Detroit.
Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury played the entire game, allowing three goals on the first six shots before playing significantly better in the game's second half.
Columbus' Boone Jenner scored twice, including the game-winner.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Rockies’ 7-run 7th-inning dooms Pirates in 8-1 loss
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Perry: Guardsmen needed at Mexican border to handle criminals
- Tri-state Tea Party group aims to broaden its appeal to conservatives
- Report blames pilot for 2011 Hawaii crash that killed Pittsburgh couple
- Veteran led full life with jovial, can-do attitude
- Young Hotel residents moved to temporary shelter in Pitcairn