Penguins' Jokinen registers hat trick in loss
Forward Beau Bennett seemed to have the upper hand on playing with center Evgeni Malkin and right wing James Neal on the Penguins' second line.
Then Jussi Jokinen received a look.
Jokinen registered a natural hat trick in the second period of a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
Malkin and Neal each produced two assists on Jokinen's scoring barrage.
It was otherwise an indifferent exhibition appearance for the Penguins, who are now 1-3 in the preseason. They next play Monday at home against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago before finishing the preseason Wednesday in Detroit.
Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury played the entire game, allowing three goals on the first six shots before playing significantly better in the game's second half.
Columbus' Boone Jenner scored twice, including the game-winner.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trooper fatally shoots burglary suspect inside Somerset grocery store
- Armed bandit holds up Leechburg gas station
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Allegheny Medical Examiner’s Office responds to Coraopolis train-pedestrian incident
- DOJ program goal: Increased trust between law enforcement, community
- Officials envision reinvigorated Allegheny County Airport
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Allegheny County inmate dies at hospital
- New Kensington Megan’s Law offender jailed on new child porn charges
- Baldwin-Whitehall teacher charged with assault for hitting male student in chest