Penguins' Jokinen registers hat trick in loss
Forward Beau Bennett seemed to have the upper hand on playing with center Evgeni Malkin and right wing James Neal on the Penguins' second line.
Then Jussi Jokinen received a look.
Jokinen registered a natural hat trick in the second period of a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
Malkin and Neal each produced two assists on Jokinen's scoring barrage.
It was otherwise an indifferent exhibition appearance for the Penguins, who are now 1-3 in the preseason. They next play Monday at home against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago before finishing the preseason Wednesday in Detroit.
Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury played the entire game, allowing three goals on the first six shots before playing significantly better in the game's second half.
Columbus' Boone Jenner scored twice, including the game-winner.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates must land Lester
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Joe Greene only 2nd player in Steelers history to get number retired
- Pirates notebook: Trade rumors for Red Sox pitcher Lester still swirling
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- Pirates manage to stumble on the bases in bid for sweep of Giants
- Fire causes Blairsville bar to collapse, flames spread to neighboring building
- Former Shady Side Academy standout set to take field for Pitt
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Basketball ref loved the outdoors, sports