Penguins' Jokinen registers hat trick in loss
Forward Beau Bennett seemed to have the upper hand on playing with center Evgeni Malkin and right wing James Neal on the Penguins' second line.
Then Jussi Jokinen received a look.
Jokinen registered a natural hat trick in the second period of a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
Malkin and Neal each produced two assists on Jokinen's scoring barrage.
It was otherwise an indifferent exhibition appearance for the Penguins, who are now 1-3 in the preseason. They next play Monday at home against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago before finishing the preseason Wednesday in Detroit.
Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury played the entire game, allowing three goals on the first six shots before playing significantly better in the game's second half.
Columbus' Boone Jenner scored twice, including the game-winner.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Police crash victim’s death ruled accidental
- Cal U students aid Fayette survey
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- North Huntingdon residents warned about vehicle break-ins
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- Butler County COG, Humane Society aim to control cat population
- Cal U official receives New Pittsburgh Courier honor
- Mars Area students put science theory into practice
- Man’s holiday spirit lights up Belle Vernon
- Seneca Valley team places 1st at Carnegie Science Center competition