Penguins' Jokinen registers hat trick in loss
Forward Beau Bennett seemed to have the upper hand on playing with center Evgeni Malkin and right wing James Neal on the Penguins' second line.
Then Jussi Jokinen received a look.
Jokinen registered a natural hat trick in the second period of a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
Malkin and Neal each produced two assists on Jokinen's scoring barrage.
It was otherwise an indifferent exhibition appearance for the Penguins, who are now 1-3 in the preseason. They next play Monday at home against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago before finishing the preseason Wednesday in Detroit.
Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury played the entire game, allowing three goals on the first six shots before playing significantly better in the game's second half.
Columbus' Boone Jenner scored twice, including the game-winner.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Healthy Ride, Pittsburgh’s bike share program, won’t require helmets
- LaBar: WWE bans finishing move of top star
- Westmoreland County’s prison board to consider inmate service projects
- Swissvale homemaker reveled in family, friends
- Navy aircraft carrier Roosevelt rushes to Yemen to block Iran’s arms
- Greensburg plastic surgeon pleads not guilty to charges of interfering with painkiller investigation
- Methane leaks reportedly decrease in Pennsylvania
- Wyano woman accused of sex with 15-year-old boy
- Rangers continue mastery on the road
- Pittsburgh man taken for wild ride on Route 28