Penguins' Jokinen registers hat trick in loss
Forward Beau Bennett seemed to have the upper hand on playing with center Evgeni Malkin and right wing James Neal on the Penguins' second line.
Then Jussi Jokinen received a look.
Jokinen registered a natural hat trick in the second period of a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
Malkin and Neal each produced two assists on Jokinen's scoring barrage.
It was otherwise an indifferent exhibition appearance for the Penguins, who are now 1-3 in the preseason. They next play Monday at home against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago before finishing the preseason Wednesday in Detroit.
Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury played the entire game, allowing three goals on the first six shots before playing significantly better in the game's second half.
Columbus' Boone Jenner scored twice, including the game-winner.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities
- On remote Japanese island, cats outnumber humans
- Surgeon to examine Pirates’ Cumpton after experiencing elbow discomfort
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Pirates special instructor Tekulve taking second chance to heart
- Frazer police receive state funding for more undercover patrols at Mills
- Inmate care in Allegheny County Jail generates worries
- Fayette County man pleads guilty to attempted homicide for stabbing during argument