Penguins' Jokinen registers hat trick in loss
Forward Beau Bennett seemed to have the upper hand on playing with center Evgeni Malkin and right wing James Neal on the Penguins' second line.
Then Jussi Jokinen received a look.
Jokinen registered a natural hat trick in the second period of a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
Malkin and Neal each produced two assists on Jokinen's scoring barrage.
It was otherwise an indifferent exhibition appearance for the Penguins, who are now 1-3 in the preseason. They next play Monday at home against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago before finishing the preseason Wednesday in Detroit.
Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury played the entire game, allowing three goals on the first six shots before playing significantly better in the game's second half.
Columbus' Boone Jenner scored twice, including the game-winner.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clairton board OKs moves
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions
- Christian radio station off air while on the market
- Pirates turn nifty double play in 9th, edge Marlins
- Steelers’ Martavis Bryant facing four-game suspension
- Animal Rescue League, miffed at Vick signing, moves gala from Heinz Field to Consol
- Golfer’s body found in lake at Moon country club
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle mulling rotation options
- Agriculture chief touts local products in Fayette County visit
- Former Consol employee wins nearly $587K in ‘Mark of the Beast’ lawsuit
- Nonprofit hospital titan UPMC’s income eclipses record