Sidney Crosby strong in Penguins' win over Blackhawks
CHICAGO — Sidney Crosby looks ready for the real stuff.
He flashed regular-season form — including a on-one-knee goal — in the Penguins' 4-3 shootout win over the Chicago Blackhawks in an exhibition game United Center on Thursday.
Defenseman Derrick Pouliot and fellow center Joe Vitale joined Crosby as Penguins' scorers.
Goalie Tomas Vokoun played the entire game and did not surrender a goal in the shootout.
The Penguins (1-1-1) play next against Columbus on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
— Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hundreds protest Indiana religious freedom law, say it’s discriminatory against gays
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Pitt notebook: Defense shows up in scrimmage
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- Pirates notebook: Polanco’s power outburst a matter of timing
- Penguins notebook: Johnston stays with team despite mother’s death
- Run from Cuba, Americans cling to claims for seized property
- Republican presidential hopefuls near-unanimity on the issue of their own guns
- Game Commission to seek license fee increase in 2016-17
- Computer science students compete for laurels in 36-hour ‘hackathon’ at Pitt
- Frye: Big fish come from all over