Sidney Crosby strong in Penguins' win over Blackhawks
CHICAGO — Sidney Crosby looks ready for the real stuff.
He flashed regular-season form — including a on-one-knee goal — in the Penguins' 4-3 shootout win over the Chicago Blackhawks in an exhibition game United Center on Thursday.
Defenseman Derrick Pouliot and fellow center Joe Vitale joined Crosby as Penguins' scorers.
Goalie Tomas Vokoun played the entire game and did not surrender a goal in the shootout.
The Penguins (1-1-1) play next against Columbus on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
— Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- McKeesport alternative education students will move as academy closes
- Driver dies, students hurt in school van crash in Indiana County
- Spring is season of champions in A-K Valley
- Wheelchair-bound kids get into the swing at White Oak playground
- Padres snap Pirates’ 7-game win streak
- Delay sought in enforcing regulation to make mortgages easier to understand
- Judge dismisses UPMC ‘data breach’ lawsuit
- Paddleboard classes focus on fitness
- Impasse on reconfiguration prompts Blairsville-Saltsburg School Board workshop with state officials
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Penn Hills School District preliminary budget includes tax hike, loan