Sidney Crosby strong in Penguins' win over Blackhawks
CHICAGO — Sidney Crosby looks ready for the real stuff.
He flashed regular-season form — including a on-one-knee goal — in the Penguins' 4-3 shootout win over the Chicago Blackhawks in an exhibition game United Center on Thursday.
Defenseman Derrick Pouliot and fellow center Joe Vitale joined Crosby as Penguins' scorers.
Goalie Tomas Vokoun played the entire game and did not surrender a goal in the shootout.
The Penguins (1-1-1) play next against Columbus on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
— Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin: Penalties only one factor in Steelers’ loss
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Women sues over injuries she blames on Pittsburgh EMS
- No one way to fix Western Pennsylvania’s heroin problem, report says
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- District college roundup: No. 22 Slippery Rock eases past Seton Hill
- Prosecutors float possibility of jail time for former Justice Melvin
- Neil Diamond bringing tour to Consol Energy Center
- Authorities accuse South Fayette commissioner of insurance fraud
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Paper or paper? California bans single-use plastic bags