Sidney Crosby strong in Penguins' win over Blackhawks
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, 10:57 p.m.
CHICAGO — Sidney Crosby looks ready for the real stuff.
He flashed regular-season form — including a on-one-knee goal — in the Penguins' 4-3 shootout win over the Chicago Blackhawks in an exhibition game United Center on Thursday.
Defenseman Derrick Pouliot and fellow center Joe Vitale joined Crosby as Penguins' scorers.
Goalie Tomas Vokoun played the entire game and did not surrender a goal in the shootout.
The Penguins (1-1-1) play next against Columbus on Saturday at Consol Energy Center.
— Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Texas company offers investment in millions to upgrade Everson plant
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- Preview of Wednesday’s Reds-Pirates game
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry
- Scottdale center to host tribute to singing legends
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- North Versailles magisterial judge “retires” but remains on bench