Letang scores 2 goals in Penguins' shootout win
Defenseman Kris Letang scored twice in the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win against the Chicago Blackhawks in an NHL exhibition game at Consol Energy Center on Monday.
Letang's late power-play goal capped a comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
The two MVPs of the Blackhawks 2010 and 2013 title teams — center Jonathan Toews and winger Patrick Kane — did not play.
Winger Bryan Bickell scored twice on Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made 30 saves.
Zatkoff was perfect on two shootout attempts.
– Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Cole shuts down Diamondbacks as Pirates open road trip with victory
- Penguins eliminated with Game 5 overtime loss to Rangers
- All Pennsylvanians to pay more, GOP gleans from report on Wolf’s tax plan
- Fleury valiant in defeat
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Pitt introduces Barnes as athletic director
- Rangers’ defensive plan against Penguins was unwavering
- Kings Family Restaurants sold to California firm