Letang scores 2 goals in Penguins' shootout win
Defenseman Kris Letang scored twice in the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win against the Chicago Blackhawks in an NHL exhibition game at Consol Energy Center on Monday.
Letang's late power-play goal capped a comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
The two MVPs of the Blackhawks 2010 and 2013 title teams — center Jonathan Toews and winger Patrick Kane — did not play.
Winger Bryan Bickell scored twice on Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made 30 saves.
Zatkoff was perfect on two shootout attempts.
– Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Report: Heinz Field in running to host Bills-Jets game
- Last PA Turnpike defendants plead guilty but avoid prison
- 3 from Western Pa. sentenced to probation for welfare fraud
- Pittsburgh to offer free parking during holiday season
- Rossi: For Penguins’ Dupuis, family must come first
- Prosecutor’s former paramour to stand trial on assault charges
- CMU scientist receives top tech honor from White House
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Casey to Obama: Climate plan unfair to Pennsylvania
- Loose bricks force Tarentum road to remain closed through weekend
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called