Letang scores 2 goals in Penguins' shootout win
Defenseman Kris Letang scored twice in the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win against the Chicago Blackhawks in an NHL exhibition game at Consol Energy Center on Monday.
Letang's late power-play goal capped a comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
The two MVPs of the Blackhawks 2010 and 2013 title teams — center Jonathan Toews and winger Patrick Kane — did not play.
Winger Bryan Bickell scored twice on Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made 30 saves.
Zatkoff was perfect on two shootout attempts.
– Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Exit poll: Greece’s anti-bailout Syriza party wins election
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Winter weather advisory for Western Pa. in effect until Monday afternoon
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Review: ‘Rodelinda’ a big success for Pittsburgh Opera
- Pittsburgh police seek North Side carjacking suspect
- Defensive lineman commits to PSU during campus visit
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- Suburban Catholic schools grow in Western Pennsylvania