Letang scores 2 goals in Penguins' shootout win
Defenseman Kris Letang scored twice in the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win against the Chicago Blackhawks in an NHL exhibition game at Consol Energy Center on Monday.
Letang's late power-play goal capped a comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
The two MVPs of the Blackhawks 2010 and 2013 title teams — center Jonathan Toews and winger Patrick Kane — did not play.
Winger Bryan Bickell scored twice on Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made 30 saves.
Zatkoff was perfect on two shootout attempts.
– Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Fire victim’s ex-boyfriend jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Locke gets rocked as Pirates are knocked off by Diamondbacks
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game
- Sewickley Township fraud case reopens old wound for New Stanton woman
- Ex-cop from Irwin gets jail for drug sales while posing as officer
- EPA talks on pollution limits trigger protests, arrests Downtown
- Judge OKs Jeannette Glass sale