Letang scores 2 goals in Penguins' shootout win
Defenseman Kris Letang scored twice in the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win against the Chicago Blackhawks in an NHL exhibition game at Consol Energy Center on Monday.
Letang's late power-play goal capped a comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
The two MVPs of the Blackhawks 2010 and 2013 title teams — center Jonathan Toews and winger Patrick Kane — did not play.
Winger Bryan Bickell scored twice on Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made 30 saves.
Zatkoff was perfect on two shootout attempts.
– Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Gunfire plagues New Kensington
- Body found in Allegheny River near Clemente Bridge
- Mercer’s improved defense at shortstop gives Pirates a boost
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.
- Corbett: Downtown project will ‘make a huge difference’ in Pittsburgh
- 20 improbable Pirates wins in 2014
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Latest loss has Panthers looking for answers