Letang scores 2 goals in Penguins' shootout win
Defenseman Kris Letang scored twice in the Penguins' 3-2 shootout win against the Chicago Blackhawks in an NHL exhibition game at Consol Energy Center on Monday.
Letang's late power-play goal capped a comeback from a 2-0 deficit.
The two MVPs of the Blackhawks 2010 and 2013 title teams — center Jonathan Toews and winger Patrick Kane — did not play.
Winger Bryan Bickell scored twice on Penguins goalie Jeff Zatkoff, who made 30 saves.
Zatkoff was perfect on two shootout attempts.
– Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters after victory
- Pitt’s potent rushing attack could slow down the passing game
- Pittsburgh Fashion Week 2014 opens to sold-out crowd on South Side
- Penguins boast several good blueliners with point-producing skills
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- Existing home sales fall in August, snapping streak of gains
- Business roundup: 10M units of latest iPhone sold in 1st weekend; GM ignition switch death count rises to 21; more
- Winston: Lessons obviously not learned
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- South Park boys soccer thriving by easing burden on its stars