Fleury solid in Penguins' preseason finale
DETROIT — Maybe returning to the building of his greatest triumph was just what Marc-Andre Fleury needed. Of course, it didn't hurt that most of Detroit's stars didn't play.
Nonetheless, the Penguins' goalie had his best performance of a shaky preseason as the Penguins handled a depleted Red Wings lineup at Joe Louis Arena, 5-1.
The Penguins got two goals from Chris Kunitz and one each from Craig Adams, Jussi Jokinen and Pascal Dupuis.
A misplay by Fleury led to Drew Miller's goal, but he was otherwise strong. He will see plenty of action when the regular season begins; backup goalie Tomas Vokoun won't be ready to start the season Oct. 3 as he recovers from surgery to dissolve a blood clot.
The Penguins finished the preseason 3-2-1.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Spence’s future uncertain after reinjuring knee
- Keisel always hoped to return to Steelers
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- Pitt football team rallies around its youth
- Woman shot dead, mother wounded in Hill District shooting
- Records: Steelers RB Bell admitted smoking pot before traffic stop but denied being high
- Distracted Steelers show nothing in loss to Eagles
- Uniontown PNC Bank robbery suspects surrender
- NFL could delay punishment
- Hackers hit 25,000 government workers
- Retailers warned about software