Fleury solid in Penguins' preseason finale
DETROIT — Maybe returning to the building of his greatest triumph was just what Marc-Andre Fleury needed. Of course, it didn't hurt that most of Detroit's stars didn't play.
Nonetheless, the Penguins' goalie had his best performance of a shaky preseason as the Penguins handled a depleted Red Wings lineup at Joe Louis Arena, 5-1.
The Penguins got two goals from Chris Kunitz and one each from Craig Adams, Jussi Jokinen and Pascal Dupuis.
A misplay by Fleury led to Drew Miller's goal, but he was otherwise strong. He will see plenty of action when the regular season begins; backup goalie Tomas Vokoun won't be ready to start the season Oct. 3 as he recovers from surgery to dissolve a blood clot.
The Penguins finished the preseason 3-2-1.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- Police end standoff with New Kensington man
- Pirates notebook: Worley bounces back after rough start
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- Steel Valley board denies teachers union restroom grievance
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger
- About face: Pirates’ Burnett now digging the shifts
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Police arrest suspect in fatal Wilmerding shooting