Fleury solid in Penguins' preseason finale
DETROIT — Maybe returning to the building of his greatest triumph was just what Marc-Andre Fleury needed. Of course, it didn't hurt that most of Detroit's stars didn't play.
Nonetheless, the Penguins' goalie had his best performance of a shaky preseason as the Penguins handled a depleted Red Wings lineup at Joe Louis Arena, 5-1.
The Penguins got two goals from Chris Kunitz and one each from Craig Adams, Jussi Jokinen and Pascal Dupuis.
A misplay by Fleury led to Drew Miller's goal, but he was otherwise strong. He will see plenty of action when the regular season begins; backup goalie Tomas Vokoun won't be ready to start the season Oct. 3 as he recovers from surgery to dissolve a blood clot.
The Penguins finished the preseason 3-2-1.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- Pitt to play Notre Dame 5 times over next 11 seasons
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Alleged abuse by Franciscan friar nets $8M for 88 former students
- Point Breeze couple surprised with 2nd honeymoon by Ellen DeGeneres
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Cranberry: Construction restrictions lifted on Route 228
- Pittsburgh police officer hurt in motorcycle crash
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Tuesday - October 21, 2014