Fleury solid in Penguins' preseason finale
DETROIT — Maybe returning to the building of his greatest triumph was just what Marc-Andre Fleury needed. Of course, it didn't hurt that most of Detroit's stars didn't play.
Nonetheless, the Penguins' goalie had his best performance of a shaky preseason as the Penguins handled a depleted Red Wings lineup at Joe Louis Arena, 5-1.
The Penguins got two goals from Chris Kunitz and one each from Craig Adams, Jussi Jokinen and Pascal Dupuis.
A misplay by Fleury led to Drew Miller's goal, but he was otherwise strong. He will see plenty of action when the regular season begins; backup goalie Tomas Vokoun won't be ready to start the season Oct. 3 as he recovers from surgery to dissolve a blood clot.
The Penguins finished the preseason 3-2-1.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- D.C. charges woman over armed protest
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- The bullet inside your body ‘becomes a part of you’