Pirates recall Jordy Mercer, send Navarro to Indianapolis
The Pirates have recalled infielder Jordy Mercer from Triple-A Indianapolis and optioned infielder Yamaico Navarro to Indy.
Mercer, 25, a third-round pick in 2008 with no previous major league experience, was eighth in the International League in hitting, at .303, with 11 doubles, three home runs and 22 RBI in 47 games.
He was hitting .358 in May, and had played 28 games at shortstop and 10 each at second base and third base.
Navarro, 24, who had played second base, third base and both corner outfield spots, was hitting .178 (8 for 45) with one home run and four RBI in 25 games, including 10 starts.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Man reports being hit by bullet in Highland Park
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- CBS’ ‘Code Black’ inspired by Pitt medical school graduate’s documentary
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Fayette County Courthouse setting for ‘Magic and Mistletoe’
- Center at Penn State Fayette puts students on path to success
- Holiday movie gives Cal U students get 2 seconds of fame
- Dinner-show to kick off holiday season at Albert Gallatin
- Mon Valley Leathernecks tackle Toys for Tots drive