Pirates' Navarro arrested for DUI
Pirates minor leaguer Yamaico Navarro was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence in Indianapolis.
Navarro, 24, was released after spending one night in jail. Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said Navarro will be disciplined by the team.
“We are thankful that this situation did not result in injury to anyone or in damage to any property,” Huntington said in a prepared statement. “Navarro will be offered an evaluation and appropriate counseling by the Pittsburgh Pirates in an effort to see that this situation does not occur again.”
Navarro, an infielder, appeared in 25 games this season for the Pirates. He was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis on May 29.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Pirates notebook: Decker leaves game with calf injury
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 4, Braves 2
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Starting 9: As franchise values soar, do owners hold or sell?
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Pirates notebook: Polanco’s power outburst a matter of timing
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 4, Twins 2
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- Baseball awaits chance to fully delve into Cuba’s talent pool