Pirates' Navarro arrested for DUI
Pirates minor leaguer Yamaico Navarro was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence in Indianapolis.
Navarro, 24, was released after spending one night in jail. Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said Navarro will be disciplined by the team.
“We are thankful that this situation did not result in injury to anyone or in damage to any property,” Huntington said in a prepared statement. “Navarro will be offered an evaluation and appropriate counseling by the Pittsburgh Pirates in an effort to see that this situation does not occur again.”
Navarro, an infielder, appeared in 25 games this season for the Pirates. He was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis on May 29.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates hope 1st baseman Alvarez starts to regain power stroke
- Gameday: Pirates at Tigers, June 30, 2015
- Starkey: Cervelli’s inspiration
- Late rally falls short, as Pirates can’t complete sweep of Braves
- Biertempfel: Pirates’ Burnett makes pitch for All-Star Game in final season
- Pirates notebook: Shortstops Mercer, Simmons effective with contrasting styles
- Pirates notebook: Power shortage continues, Tabata designated for assignment
- McCutchen’s 1st-inning exit with injury mars Pirates’ victory over Braves
- Left-on-left matchups a worsening problem for Pirates’ Polanco
- Pirates minor league report: Kramer comes with power potential with short-season Black Bears
- Pirates overcome mistakes with big inning to knock off Reds