Pirates' Navarro arrested for DUI
Pirates minor leaguer Yamaico Navarro was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence in Indianapolis.
Navarro, 24, was released after spending one night in jail. Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said Navarro will be disciplined by the team.
“We are thankful that this situation did not result in injury to anyone or in damage to any property,” Huntington said in a prepared statement. “Navarro will be offered an evaluation and appropriate counseling by the Pittsburgh Pirates in an effort to see that this situation does not occur again.”
Navarro, an infielder, appeared in 25 games this season for the Pirates. He was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis on May 29.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Liriano struggles as Brewers complete sweep of Pirates
- Young guns lead way into pivotal Pirates-Cardinals series
- Pirates, Marlins in talks to play 2016 game in Puerto Rico
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen takes NL Player of the Month for 4th time
- Snider happy to return to new role with Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Left-side lineup intrigue continues
- Locke struggles again early, Pirates lose again in Milwaukee
- Gameday: Pirates at Brewers, Sept. 3, 2015
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- Cole struggles as Brewers continue Miller mastery over Pirates
- Gameday: Pirates at Brewers, Sept. 2, 2015