Pirates' Navarro arrested for DUI
Pirates minor leaguer Yamaico Navarro was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence in Indianapolis.
Navarro, 24, was released after spending one night in jail. Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said Navarro will be disciplined by the team.
“We are thankful that this situation did not result in injury to anyone or in damage to any property,” Huntington said in a prepared statement. “Navarro will be offered an evaluation and appropriate counseling by the Pittsburgh Pirates in an effort to see that this situation does not occur again.”
Navarro, an infielder, appeared in 25 games this season for the Pirates. He was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis on May 29.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starting 9: Examining Pirates’ deadline decisions
- Pirates farmhand Suchy learns limits of his size, strength
- Biertempfel: Players, MLB agree logic of season’s setup needs to be examined
- Reds solve Cole, stave off Pirates’ 9th-inning rally
- Pirates notebook: New acquisition Happ more than happy to fill spot in rotation
- Gameday: Pirates at Reds, Aug. 2, 2015
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Hurdle: Soria likely to assume setup role with Watson
- Gameday: Pirates at Cincinnati, Aug. 1, 2015
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- Pirates place Burnett on 15-day disabled list