Pirates' Navarro arrested for DUI
Pirates minor leaguer Yamaico Navarro was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence in Indianapolis.
Navarro, 24, was released after spending one night in jail. Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said Navarro will be disciplined by the team.
“We are thankful that this situation did not result in injury to anyone or in damage to any property,” Huntington said in a prepared statement. “Navarro will be offered an evaluation and appropriate counseling by the Pittsburgh Pirates in an effort to see that this situation does not occur again.”
Navarro, an infielder, appeared in 25 games this season for the Pirates. He was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis on May 29.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pirates notebook: Team offered catcher Martin 4-year contract
- Pirates ready to protect top pitching prospects from Rule 5 draft
- Pirates cut ties with Davis, clearing path for Alvarez to play first base
- Rossi: Bucs can weather loss of Martin
- Scouts: Acquiring Cervelli from Yankees cost Pirates promising reliever