Pirates’ Navarro arrested for DUI
By Rob Biertempfel
Published: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 8:32 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, July 5, 2012
Pirates minor leaguer Yamaico Navarro was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence in Indianapolis.
Navarro, 24, was released after spending one night in jail. Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said Navarro will be disciplined by the team.
“We are thankful that this situation did not result in injury to anyone or in damage to any property,” Huntington said in a prepared statement. “Navarro will be offered an evaluation and appropriate counseling by the Pittsburgh Pirates in an effort to see that this situation does not occur again.”
Navarro, an infielder, appeared in 25 games this season for the Pirates. He was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis on May 29.
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Pirates notebook: McDonald’s role might be in relief
- First-rounder McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Pirates notebook: Burnett goes on DL with ‘discomfort’ in calf
- Cole solid again as Pirates beat Dodgers
- Pirates notebook: Cole didn’t throw sliders in debut
- Biertempfel: Pirates no stranger to baseball’s ‘rogue side’
- Reds hit 4 solo homers, defeat Pirates, 4-1
- Pirates nab high school outfielder, catcher in 1st round
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.