Pirates' Navarro arrested for DUI
By Rob Biertempfel
Published: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 8:32 p.m.
Pirates minor leaguer Yamaico Navarro was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence in Indianapolis.
Navarro, 24, was released after spending one night in jail. Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said Navarro will be disciplined by the team.
“We are thankful that this situation did not result in injury to anyone or in damage to any property,” Huntington said in a prepared statement. “Navarro will be offered an evaluation and appropriate counseling by the Pittsburgh Pirates in an effort to see that this situation does not occur again.”
Navarro, an infielder, appeared in 25 games this season for the Pirates. He was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis on May 29.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates minor league notebook: Mt. Lebanon grad keeping steady approach
- Bucco Blog: Travis Sawchik
- Davis embraces new opportunity with Pirates
- Stats Corner: Pirates’ Volquez cruising through innings
- Biertempfel: Kendall’s book offers inside look at life in majors
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Stewart activated; Sanchez demoted
- Pirates trade for Mets first baseman Davis
- Alvarez struggles as Pirates fall short against Brewers
- Breaking down Sunday’s Pirates-Brewers game
- Pirates notebook: Players show support for Franklin Regional
- Stats Corner: Pedro adds contact, patience to power game