Three questions with Diamondbacks’ announcer Mark Grace
By John Grupp
Published: Sunday, August 12, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Sunday, August 12, 2012
• Tribune-Review: What are your impressions of the Pirates this year?
• Mark Grace: Their record speaks for itself. Good for the city; good for Pirates fans. This is a great baseball city, and these players deserve it. I hope it continues. I like Clint Hurdle. I like what he's put together here. These guys play hard, and they've all kind of gotten good at the same time.
• Trib: What are some of your memories of playing in Pittsburgh?
• MG: I played in the very last game at Three Rivers Stadium (Oct. 1, 2000). We beat them, 10-9. Not that I remember. I was (2 for 3) with three RBI.
• Trib: What do you think of PNC Park?
• MG: This is my favorite ballpark in the big leagues. I love it. I got to play here, too. Three Rivers, for me, that represents great Pirates teams, from Stargell, Parker, Clemente to guys that I played against like Bonds, Bonilla, Van Slyke, Doug Drabek, Bobby Walk, John Smiley, Jay Bell. Jim Leyland's teams. Those were real good teams, too. Those are kind of the Pirates teams I remember that were really, really talented, championship-caliber clubs.
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Pirates notebook: McDonald’s role might be in relief
- First-rounder McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Biertempfel: Pirates no stranger to baseball’s ‘rogue side’
- Minor league report: Class A Power finish 1st half strong, six named to all-star game
- Cole solid again as Pirates beat Dodgers
- Pirates notebook: Burnett goes on DL with ‘discomfort’ in calf
- Reds hit 4 solo homers, defeat Pirates, 4-1
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.