MLB notebook: Umpires selected for AL, NL series
Sam Holbrook, the umpire who made the controversial infield fly call that enraged the Atlanta Braves and their fans in the NL wild-card game, was picked as part of the crew for the AL Championship Series.
Jeff Kellogg is crew chief for the ALCS and was behind the plate for Saturday night's opener between the New York Yankees and Detroit Tigers.
Gary Darling heads the NL Championship Series crew and was slated to work the plate for Sunday's opener between the San Francisco Giants and St. Louis Cardinals.
Yankees alter roster
The Yankees added reliever Cody Eppley to their active roster for the AL Championship Series against Detroit and dropped infielder Eduardo Nunez.
Detroit did not make any changes to its 25-man roster for the best-of-seven series. Teams had until 10 a.m. Saturday to submit their rosters.
Giants coach injured
San Francisco Giants first base coach Roberto Kelly was taken to a hospital after getting hit in the back of the head when a ball hit by Buster Posey struck him while he was standing near second base during batting practice.
Brewers' reliever arrested
A prosecutor said Milwaukee Brewers reliever Francisco Rodriguez was arrested last month on a domestic violence complaint involving his girlfriend. Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel said in an email that Rodriguez has not been charged.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Liriano struggles as Brewers complete sweep of Pirates
- Young guns lead way into pivotal Pirates-Cardinals series
- Pirates, Marlins in talks to play 2016 game in Puerto Rico
- Locke struggles again early, Pirates lose again in Milwaukee
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen takes NL Player of the Month for 4th time
- Pirates notebook: Left-side lineup intrigue continues
- Snider happy to return to new role with Pirates
- Gameday: Pirates at Brewers, Sept. 3, 2015
- Biertempfel: Pittsburgh native faced quick learning curve as Marlins GM
- Pirates notebook: Burnett encouraged by extended simulated game