McCutchen to grace cover of 'MLB13: The Show'
Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen rolled past CC Sabathia in fan voting and will be featured on the cover of the “MLB13: The Show” video game.
McCutchen gathered 108,147 votes in a week of balloting via Twitter and Facebook. Sabathia was second with 89,054 votes.
McCutchen posted a message on Twitter that read: “I am humbled and thrilled that you, the fans, have voted me as the cover athlete for MLB 13: The show. It really is a dream come true for me to be on the cover of a video game. But, even more, I wanted this for Pittsburgh, a city that has supported me through some rough times. You deserve this. … This vote showed me the sense of pride that the people of Pittsburgh have, along with all the other fans who supported me.”
— Rob Biertempfel
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- No bitter brew for Mercer over reduced playing time after injury
- Gameday: Pirates at Brewers, Sept. 2, 2015
- Pirates notebook: 6 September call-ups include first-timer Diaz
- Two wild-card format hurting Pirates in short term
- Gameday: Pirates at Brewers, Sept. 1, 2015
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- Biertempfel: Pittsburgh native faced quick learning curve as Marlins GM
- Starting 9: Pirates place renewed emphasis on nabbing base-stealers
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle mulling rotation options