Spring training breakdown: Pirates 9, Twins 2
Pirates 9, Braves 2
RHP Julio Teheran 2 IP, 1 BB, 2K
James McDonald 2 IP, 1 BB, 1K
Turnaround: McDonald labored through the first inning, throwing 21 pitches against four batters. In the second, he needed just eight pitches for a 1-2-3 inning.
Heavy hitters: SS Clint Barmes went 2 for 2, including a line-drive, two-run homer. ... 1B Clint Robinson went 2 for 2 with one RBI and two runs scored. ... Brad Hawpe singled and walked, scored twice and had two RBI.
Darren Ford went 2 for 3 with an RBI. He singled in each of his first four of his at-bats this spring.
Andrew McCutchen was 0 for 2. He hit a soft, first-pitch flyout and a meek infield grounder.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cole outduels Mets rookie, carries Pirates to victory
- Pirates’ McCutchen laughs off pay stub leak
- Pirates notebook: Stewart, Cole develop rapport
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Mets, May 23, 2015
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Streaking Cubs defeat punchless Pirates, 4-1
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle encouraged by improvement
- Starting 9: Should Pirates maximize McCutchen window by trading for a star?
- Biertempfel: Pirates are music to Price’s ears
- Pirates notebook: Kang earns more time at shortstop