Spring training breakdown: Pirates 9, Twins 2
Pirates 9, Braves 2
RHP Julio Teheran 2 IP, 1 BB, 2K
James McDonald 2 IP, 1 BB, 1K
Turnaround: McDonald labored through the first inning, throwing 21 pitches against four batters. In the second, he needed just eight pitches for a 1-2-3 inning.
Heavy hitters: SS Clint Barmes went 2 for 2, including a line-drive, two-run homer. ... 1B Clint Robinson went 2 for 2 with one RBI and two runs scored. ... Brad Hawpe singled and walked, scored twice and had two RBI.
Darren Ford went 2 for 3 with an RBI. He singled in each of his first four of his at-bats this spring.
Andrew McCutchen was 0 for 2. He hit a soft, first-pitch flyout and a meek infield grounder.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Nutting says team may ‘stretch’ for Martin
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Volquez latest rehabbed arm to get ball on big stage for Pirates
- Tekulve to throw out 1st pitch of Pirates’ postseason
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Harrison’s ‘magic’ has helped to carry Pirates into MLB’s postseason
- Pirates notebook: Martin feels ‘pretty good,’ will start vs. Giants
- It’s official: Volquez to start Wednesday for Pirates
- Pirates stomp Braves to move within 1 game of 1st
- 20 improbable Pirates wins in 2014
- Mercer’s improved defense at shortstop gives Pirates a boost