Spring training breakdown: Pirates 9, Twins 2
Pirates 9, Braves 2
RHP Julio Teheran 2 IP, 1 BB, 2K
James McDonald 2 IP, 1 BB, 1K
Turnaround: McDonald labored through the first inning, throwing 21 pitches against four batters. In the second, he needed just eight pitches for a 1-2-3 inning.
Heavy hitters: SS Clint Barmes went 2 for 2, including a line-drive, two-run homer. ... 1B Clint Robinson went 2 for 2 with one RBI and two runs scored. ... Brad Hawpe singled and walked, scored twice and had two RBI.
Darren Ford went 2 for 3 with an RBI. He singled in each of his first four of his at-bats this spring.
Andrew McCutchen was 0 for 2. He hit a soft, first-pitch flyout and a meek infield grounder.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Pirates notebook: Tabata rediscovering his power
- Pirates willing to consider high salary to keep star McCutchen
- Rossi: Pirates better with Maz on scene
- Lincoln tries to rejuvenate career in second stint with Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Nutting expects club to win division title
- The Starting Nine: Silver linings for Alvarez
- Pirates ready to prove they have best outfield in baseball
- Pirates notebook: Team has big plans for newcomer Kang
- Pirates looking at ways to make McCutchen’s off days more productive
- Pirates’ Alvarez eager to prove he can play first, regain power stroke