Spring training breakdown: Pirates 9, Twins 2
Pirates 9, Braves 2
RHP Julio Teheran 2 IP, 1 BB, 2K
James McDonald 2 IP, 1 BB, 1K
Turnaround: McDonald labored through the first inning, throwing 21 pitches against four batters. In the second, he needed just eight pitches for a 1-2-3 inning.
Heavy hitters: SS Clint Barmes went 2 for 2, including a line-drive, two-run homer. ... 1B Clint Robinson went 2 for 2 with one RBI and two runs scored. ... Brad Hawpe singled and walked, scored twice and had two RBI.
Darren Ford went 2 for 3 with an RBI. He singled in each of his first four of his at-bats this spring.
Andrew McCutchen was 0 for 2. He hit a soft, first-pitch flyout and a meek infield grounder.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates’ Liriano unaffected by poor last outing against Twins
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Gameday: Pirates at Twins, July 29, 2015
- Pirates third baseman Ramirez’s last ride is about winning a ring
- Gameday: Pirates at Twins, July 28, 2015
- Cole collects MLB-best 14th win as Pirates take series against Nationals
- Pirates notebook: No sign of improvement for RHP Sadler
- Pirates notebook: Cervelli cherishes All-Star gift from teammate Burnett
- Making splash at MLB trade deadline not always in buyers’ best interest
- Pirates minor league report: Moore a breakout star in Morgantown
- Rossi: Pirates, Cardinals deserve October showdown