Spring training breakdown: Pirates 9, Twins 2
Pirates 9, Braves 2
RHP Julio Teheran 2 IP, 1 BB, 2K
James McDonald 2 IP, 1 BB, 1K
Turnaround: McDonald labored through the first inning, throwing 21 pitches against four batters. In the second, he needed just eight pitches for a 1-2-3 inning.
Heavy hitters: SS Clint Barmes went 2 for 2, including a line-drive, two-run homer. ... 1B Clint Robinson went 2 for 2 with one RBI and two runs scored. ... Brad Hawpe singled and walked, scored twice and had two RBI.
Darren Ford went 2 for 3 with an RBI. He singled in each of his first four of his at-bats this spring.
Andrew McCutchen was 0 for 2. He hit a soft, first-pitch flyout and a meek infield grounder.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Mercer welcomes chance in No. 2 spot
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle, Huntington on same page
- Monday’s scouting report: Pirates at Giants
- Alvarez held out of starting lineup for 3rd straight game
- Thinking outside box slows pace of MLB games
- Pirates lacking Hall-worthy arms
- Pirates notebook: Cole to make rehab start at Indianapolis on Monday
- Biertempfel: Locke looks toward postseason run
- Pirates’ Morton continues to tinker with hybrid split-changeup
- Pirates drop 2nd straight game against Rockies
- Rockies’ 7-run 7th-inning dooms Pirates in 8-1 loss