Spring training breakdown: Red Sox 16, Pirates 6
Red Sox starter: Jon Lackey 2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO
Pirates starter: Jameson Taillon 2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO
Ball, ball, ball, ball: Pirates pitchers issued 15 walks, including four with the bases loaded. They had walked 10 batters over the past four games.
Whomp: There were 23 hits in the game, but only three went for extra bases — all of them home runs hit by the Pirates. Jordy Mercer, Felix Pie and Jared Goedert each went deep.
Stock up: Pie hit a two-run homer to left. He's had a hit in each of the four games he's played.
Stock down: SS Josh Harrison made two throwing errors, allowing three runners to score.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Worley bounces back after rough start
- About face: Pirates’ Burnett now digging the shifts
- Spring training breakdown: Braves 7, Pirates 5
- Hair Cutch: Pirates superstar lops off his locks for charity
- Forbes: Pirates worth $900 million
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen says he’s ‘glad’ to be on field
- Pirates notebook: RV is home to pitcher Lincoln for spring training
- McCutchen says injury won’t prevent him from playing Opening Day
- Reliever Caminero’s chances of making Pirates’ roster heating up
- Alvarez hopes tweak in mechanics unlocks plate potential
- Starting 9: Minor league options can lead to March roster madness