Spring training breakdown: Red Sox 16, Pirates 6
Red Sox starter: Jon Lackey 2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO
Pirates starter: Jameson Taillon 2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO
Ball, ball, ball, ball: Pirates pitchers issued 15 walks, including four with the bases loaded. They had walked 10 batters over the past four games.
Whomp: There were 23 hits in the game, but only three went for extra bases — all of them home runs hit by the Pirates. Jordy Mercer, Felix Pie and Jared Goedert each went deep.
Stock up: Pie hit a two-run homer to left. He's had a hit in each of the four games he's played.
Stock down: SS Josh Harrison made two throwing errors, allowing three runners to score.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation
- Pirates notebook: Morton lacks efficiency in spring training debut
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Spring training breakdown: Yankees 2, Pirates 1
- Pirates look to put more pressure on opposition with better baserunning
- Pirates notebook: Harrison’s day cut short by ankle injury
- Pirates notebook: Infield prospect Hanson used to playing elders
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Pirates notebook: Hart ‘down a few days’ after cutting foot
- Spring training breakdown: Blue Jays 4, Pirates 1