Spring training breakdown: Pirates hosting Toronto
blue jays at pirates, 1:05 p.m.
McKechnie Field, Bradenton, Fla.
Pirates starter: RHP James McDonald
Blue Jays starter: LHP Mark Buehrle
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Burnett’s evolution from thrower to pitcher helps him stay on top of his game
- Pirates notebook: Ailing Mercer sore but on mend
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Cubs, April 21, 2015
- Cubs’ rookie third baseman Bryant helps send Pirates to defeat
- Pirates notebook: GM sticking to plan with Kang
- Pirates notebook: Is it time for Kang to head to Indy?
- Pirates pitchers have margin for error, in mphs, and they need it
- Cole overcomes rough start as Pirates sweep Brewers
- Pirates love home cooking provided at PNC Park
- Pirates minor league report: Rapid advancement to test Tucker
- Cubs third baseman Bryant is looking to buck MLB rookie trend