Pirates prospect Sanchez named MVP of Triple-A All-Star Game
Pirates prospect Tony Sanchez hit a three-run homer and earned MVP honors to help the International League beat the Pacific Coast League, 4-3, in the Triple-A All-Star Game on Wednesday in Reno, Nev.
Sanchez, a catcher for Indianapolis, started and went 1 for 3.
Indianapolis teammate Vic Black pitched two-thirds of an inning, picking up a hold.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- Pirates notebook: Burnett encouraged by extended simulated game
- Patience serves as virtue amid prospect Glasnow’s quest for majors
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle’s faith in Polanco pays off
- Biertempfel: Pittsburgh native faced quick learning curve as Marlins GM
- Strong-armed outfielder Garcia growing into all-around threat
- Starting 9: Pirates place renewed emphasis on nabbing base-stealers
- Happ’s strong start, Ramirez’s homer pace Pirates past Rockies
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Rockies, Aug. 30, 2015
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night