Brewers-Pirates: Scouting Wednesday's game
Pirates beat reporter Karen Price's inside look at Wednesday's game:
• Charlie Morton has never beaten the Brewers. The right-hander is 4-1 in his past seven starts but is 0-4 lifetime against Milwaukee with a 6.25 ERA in seven career starts. In his lone start against the Brewers this season, he allowed one unearned run in two innings before a two-hour, 20-minute rain delay. Morton did not return.
• Norichika Aoki was back in the starting lineup for the Brewers on Tuesday, but the right fielder and leadoff man isn't playing at 100 percent. Manager Ron Roenicke held Aoki out of the lineup Sunday to rest him after he missed a game last week with patellar tendinitis in his right knee.
Timing is everything. Tuesday night was Marlon Byrd T-shirt night at Citi Field for Mets fans who bought a special “T-shirt ticket.” Byrd was traded to the Pirates on Tuesday afternoon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 4, 2015
- Shaken by economic, political turmoil, MLB forsaking Venezuela
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 3, 2015
- 2B Walker, Pirates smash through Tigers pitching in road victory
- Pirates notebook: Cole cool about hostile comment
- Bush Center displays rare Honus Wagner baseball card
- Gameday: Pirates at Tigers, July 2, 2015
- Gameday: Pirates at Detroit, July 1, 2015
- Long toss is considered valuable tool for MLB pitchers’ arm health