Brewers-Pirates: Scouting Wednesday's game
Pirates beat reporter Karen Price's inside look at Wednesday's game:
• Charlie Morton has never beaten the Brewers. The right-hander is 4-1 in his past seven starts but is 0-4 lifetime against Milwaukee with a 6.25 ERA in seven career starts. In his lone start against the Brewers this season, he allowed one unearned run in two innings before a two-hour, 20-minute rain delay. Morton did not return.
• Norichika Aoki was back in the starting lineup for the Brewers on Tuesday, but the right fielder and leadoff man isn't playing at 100 percent. Manager Ron Roenicke held Aoki out of the lineup Sunday to rest him after he missed a game last week with patellar tendinitis in his right knee.
Timing is everything. Tuesday night was Marlon Byrd T-shirt night at Citi Field for Mets fans who bought a special “T-shirt ticket.” Byrd was traded to the Pirates on Tuesday afternoon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Morton hopes to return this season
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle weighs trio at 1st base
- Braves’ error, Sanchez’s sacrifice fly in 9th help Pirates snap long skid
- Stats Corner: Locke’s second-half struggles continue
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Braves at Pirates
- Pirates’ McCutchen expects to play Tuesday; Alvarez to start at 1B
- Rossi: Walker’s back another blow to Bucs
- Pirates minor league notebook: Pitcher Heredia finally hitting form
- Rossi: Pirates showing more this summer