Brewers-Pirates: Scouting Wednesday's game
Pirates beat reporter Karen Price's inside look at Wednesday's game:
• Charlie Morton has never beaten the Brewers. The right-hander is 4-1 in his past seven starts but is 0-4 lifetime against Milwaukee with a 6.25 ERA in seven career starts. In his lone start against the Brewers this season, he allowed one unearned run in two innings before a two-hour, 20-minute rain delay. Morton did not return.
• Norichika Aoki was back in the starting lineup for the Brewers on Tuesday, but the right fielder and leadoff man isn't playing at 100 percent. Manager Ron Roenicke held Aoki out of the lineup Sunday to rest him after he missed a game last week with patellar tendinitis in his right knee.
Timing is everything. Tuesday night was Marlon Byrd T-shirt night at Citi Field for Mets fans who bought a special “T-shirt ticket.” Byrd was traded to the Pirates on Tuesday afternoon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: The series that will define these Pirates
- Stats speak: Sliders stand between Pirates, playoffs
- Pirates hold on to beat Red Sox, complete 3-game sweep at PNC
- Pirates notebook: Bucs batters seeing doubles
- Friday’s scouting report: Brewers at Pirates
- Pitt notebook: Expanded game plan likely awaits Iowa
- Pirates hit 3 HRs in rout of Red Sox
- Cole pitches Pirates to 7-3 victory over Cubs
- Bucs’ rally falls short vs. young Cubs
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Thursday’s scouting report: Red Sox at Pirates