Brewers-Pirates: Scouting Wednesday's game
By Karen Price
Published: Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2013, 7:30 p.m.
Pirates beat reporter Karen Price's inside look at Wednesday's game:
• Charlie Morton has never beaten the Brewers. The right-hander is 4-1 in his past seven starts but is 0-4 lifetime against Milwaukee with a 6.25 ERA in seven career starts. In his lone start against the Brewers this season, he allowed one unearned run in two innings before a two-hour, 20-minute rain delay. Morton did not return.
• Norichika Aoki was back in the starting lineup for the Brewers on Tuesday, but the right fielder and leadoff man isn't playing at 100 percent. Manager Ron Roenicke held Aoki out of the lineup Sunday to rest him after he missed a game last week with patellar tendinitis in his right knee.
Timing is everything. Tuesday night was Marlon Byrd T-shirt night at Citi Field for Mets fans who bought a special “T-shirt ticket.” Byrd was traded to the Pirates on Tuesday afternoon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Three ejected after Pirates, Brewers brawl
- Biertempfel: Kendall’s book offers inside look at life in majors
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Stewart activated; Sanchez demoted
- Davis embraces new opportunity with Pirates
- Stats Corner: Pirates’ Volquez cruising through innings
- Bucco Blog: Travis Sawchik
- Pirates trade for Mets first baseman Davis
- Pair of Braun homers spells defeat for Pirates
- Pirates minor league notebook: Mt. Lebanon grad keeping steady approach
- Previewing Wednesday’s Pirates-Reds game
- Pirates conclude wild suspended game with win, drop 2nd of series