Brewers-Pirates: Scouting Wednesday's game
Pirates beat reporter Karen Price's inside look at Wednesday's game:
• Charlie Morton has never beaten the Brewers. The right-hander is 4-1 in his past seven starts but is 0-4 lifetime against Milwaukee with a 6.25 ERA in seven career starts. In his lone start against the Brewers this season, he allowed one unearned run in two innings before a two-hour, 20-minute rain delay. Morton did not return.
• Norichika Aoki was back in the starting lineup for the Brewers on Tuesday, but the right fielder and leadoff man isn't playing at 100 percent. Manager Ron Roenicke held Aoki out of the lineup Sunday to rest him after he missed a game last week with patellar tendinitis in his right knee.
Timing is everything. Tuesday night was Marlon Byrd T-shirt night at Citi Field for Mets fans who bought a special “T-shirt ticket.” Byrd was traded to the Pirates on Tuesday afternoon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Pirates notebook: Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut
- Pirates’ search for division title rests on starting rotation’s health
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 7, Tigers 3
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 18, Phillies 4
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Pirates notebook: Locke the choice to be 5th starter
- About face: Pirates’ Burnett now digging the shifts