Scouting Thursday's Brewers-Pirates game
• The Pirates took a season-best 57-inning errorless streak into Wednesday's game. Overall, the Pirates have the fourth-most errors in the National League (90). The Brewers have the most (98).
• Going into Wednesday's game, Andrew McCutchen was hitting .529 with eight multi-hit games in his past 10 home games. Through Tuesday the Pirates are 25-4 when McCutchen gets two or more hits at PNC Park. The center fielder was 14 for 35 (.400) in his past eight games against Milwaukee and entered the night one home run shy of 100 in his career.
Outfielder Marlon Byrd admitted that while he'd seen Pirates players flash the Zoltan “Z” after getting a hit, he was going to need one of his new teammates to show him how it's done.
“Someone's going to have to teach me,” he said. “I plan on being on base at some point while I'm here, so I'll learn at some point.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Marte, McCutchen out of starting lineup in series finale
- Polanco, bullpen come up clutch as Pirates capture win over Cubs
- Gameday: Pirates at Diamondbacks, April 24, 2015
- Super-agent Boras says Pirates will have opportunity to re-sign Alvarez, Cole
- Pirates notebook: No demotion for closer Melancon
- Pitchers Worley, Watson work out of jams to help Pirates knock off Cubs
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Cubs April 23, 2015
- Bonds’ obstruction conviction overturned
- Fans of Pirates embrace PNC Park home opener, hope for great season
- Rossi: After home opener, Pirates fans must show
- Cubs’ 3-run, 9th-inning rally upends Pirates