Pirates announce postseason ticket prices, policy
Although the Pirates have not yet clinched a playoff berth, current season-ticket holders can begin making postseason plans.
The club has mailed order forms for playoff-game ticket strips to its current full-season, 20-game and 10-game ticket holders. The deadline to submit orders for the 11 potential games at PNC Park is 5 p.m. Sept. 6.
Playoff ticket requests from 10-game season-ticket holders will be filled based on availability in one of five seating locations. After the deadline for current season-ticket holders, fans who've already made a deposit on 2014 season tickets may order playoff tickets.
General sale of individual tickets for each round will happen in late September, starting with the wild-card and NL Division Series games. Tickets for the NL Championship Series and World Series, if necessary, will go on general sale at later dates. All ticket orders must include full payment.
Postseason ticket prices are approved by Major League Baseball. Among the cost options for the 11-game strips are $655 apiece for upper grandstand (rows S to last), $1,328 apiece for lower outfield box (rows A to Q) and $3,825 for the first row of the Lexus Club.
Season-ticket holders get a 21 to 31 percent discount, compared to the individual postseason strip ticket price. Cost options include $500 for upper grandstand, $1,055 for lower outfield box and $3,150 for the Lexus Club.
Season-ticket holders also can buy an equal number of additional strips as seats in their accounts, up to a maximum of four strips per account.
Rob Biertempfel is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @BiertempfelTrib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Pirates notebook: Huntington staying patient as trade deadline approaches
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Dodgers at Pirates
- A quest to get to core of MLB oblique injury trend
- Mercer’s run-scoring double in 11th lifts Pirates over Rockies
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Diamondbacks at Pirates