Pirates' 2014 schedule opens at home against Cubs
ARLINGTON, Texas — The Pirates will open the 2014 season March 31 at PNC Park against the Chicago Cubs. The complete schedule for next year was released Tuesday by Major League Baseball.
It will be the third consecutive year the Pirates begin the season at home.
The Pirates will play home interleague games against the Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Tigers and Toronto Blue Jays. The Pirates will go on the road to face the Orioles, New York Yankees, Tigers and Tampa Bay Rays.
The opener against the Cubs is part of a week-long, six-game home stand which includes three weekend games against the St. Louis Cardinals. After that, the Pirates will hit the road for nine games against NL Central foes, the Cubs, Milwaukee Brewers and Cincinnati Reds.
September could be a grueling month for the Pirates, as they will play only nine home games. That will be comprised of a single home stand against the Cubs, Red Sox and Brewers from Sept. 12-21.
The Pirates will wrap up the regular season with a seven-game road trip to Atlanta (four games) and Cincinnati.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates will play NL wild-card game at PNC Park after shutting out Reds
- Pirates notebook: Huntington weighs whether wild-card round should be expanded
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Starting 9: How can the Pirates catch the Cardinals in the future?
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- Pirates fans on edge as season again coming down to wild card
- Pirates notebook: It’s official: Cole to start wild-card game against Cubs
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Reds, Oct. 4, 2015
- Pirates notebook: Morton traces struggles to mechanics of delivery
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Reds October 3, 2015
- Marte’s 2-run homer in 12th polishes off Reds