Federal Street to host Pirates party Thursday
The Pirates will host a Postseason Watch Party on Federal Street outside PNC Park for the first game of the National League Division Series against the St. Louis Cardinals, club officials said.
The game, which starts at 5:07 p.m. Thursday in St. Louis, will be shown on a large projection screen.
“This series promises to be another great chapter in this incredible season, and we want to ensure all of our loyal fans have the opportunity to be a part of the festivities,” Pirates President Frank Coonelly said in a release. “The electricity of the first postseason game at PNC Park showed how passionate Pittsburgh is about the Pirates and we want to give fans the opportunity to join together again to cheer on the team.”
The PNC Park Clubhouse Store, food and beverage vendors and local bars and restaurants will be open for business, officials said.
Fans are encouraged to bring chairs. Grills and glass bottles are not be permitted.
Federal Street and the Clemente Bridge will close to vehicle traffic at 10 a.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Lambo recalled to bolster bench
- Saturday’s scouting report: Reds at Pirates
- Pirates starting pitcher Cole growing in his 1st full major-league season
- Harrison shines again as Pirates clip Reds, 2-1
- Friday’s scouting report: Reds at Pirates
- Statistically speaking: Can Pirates contain Hamilton on bases
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen returns to starting lineup; Alvarez out
- Pirates send Polanco to Triple-A Indianapolis; Tabata, Barmes return
- Stats Corner: What price will Pirates pay to keep Martin?
- Rossi: Pirates showing more this summer
- For Pirates’ Alvarez, the struggle with the ‘yips’ is real