Federal Street to host Pirates party Thursday
The Pirates will host a Postseason Watch Party on Federal Street outside PNC Park for the first game of the National League Division Series against the St. Louis Cardinals, club officials said.
The game, which starts at 5:07 p.m. Thursday in St. Louis, will be shown on a large projection screen.
“This series promises to be another great chapter in this incredible season, and we want to ensure all of our loyal fans have the opportunity to be a part of the festivities,” Pirates President Frank Coonelly said in a release. “The electricity of the first postseason game at PNC Park showed how passionate Pittsburgh is about the Pirates and we want to give fans the opportunity to join together again to cheer on the team.”
The PNC Park Clubhouse Store, food and beverage vendors and local bars and restaurants will be open for business, officials said.
Fans are encouraged to bring chairs. Grills and glass bottles are not be permitted.
Federal Street and the Clemente Bridge will close to vehicle traffic at 10 a.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kang’s 9th-inning home run gives Pirates wild victory over Twins
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Pirates’ Liriano unaffected by poor last outing against Twins
- Gameday: Pirates at Twins, July 29, 2015
- Pirates third baseman Ramirez’s last ride is about winning a ring
- Gameday: Pirates at Twins, July 28, 2015
- Nationals pound Burnett, Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Ramirez thrown into spotlight upon joining Pirates
- Rossi: Burnett hasn’t given everything, not yet
- Rossi: Pirates, Cardinals deserve October showdown
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Nationals, July 24, 2015