Federal Street to host Pirates party Thursday
The Pirates will host a Postseason Watch Party on Federal Street outside PNC Park for the first game of the National League Division Series against the St. Louis Cardinals, club officials said.
The game, which starts at 5:07 p.m. Thursday in St. Louis, will be shown on a large projection screen.
“This series promises to be another great chapter in this incredible season, and we want to ensure all of our loyal fans have the opportunity to be a part of the festivities,” Pirates President Frank Coonelly said in a release. “The electricity of the first postseason game at PNC Park showed how passionate Pittsburgh is about the Pirates and we want to give fans the opportunity to join together again to cheer on the team.”
The PNC Park Clubhouse Store, food and beverage vendors and local bars and restaurants will be open for business, officials said.
Fans are encouraged to bring chairs. Grills and glass bottles are not be permitted.
Federal Street and the Clemente Bridge will close to vehicle traffic at 10 a.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Pirates must weigh risk, reward in attempt to sign Martin
- Pirates to end spring in Philadelphia again, sign Stinson to minor league deal
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Sound familiar? Pirates enter offseason trying to solidify 1B position
- Pirates organization to continue pursuing value free agents in offseason
- Pirates will implement price increase for 2015 tickets
- Pirates bench coach Jeff Banister named Rangers manager