Federal Street to host Pirates party Thursday
The Pirates will host a Postseason Watch Party on Federal Street outside PNC Park for the first game of the National League Division Series against the St. Louis Cardinals, club officials said.
The game, which starts at 5:07 p.m. Thursday in St. Louis, will be shown on a large projection screen.
“This series promises to be another great chapter in this incredible season, and we want to ensure all of our loyal fans have the opportunity to be a part of the festivities,” Pirates President Frank Coonelly said in a release. “The electricity of the first postseason game at PNC Park showed how passionate Pittsburgh is about the Pirates and we want to give fans the opportunity to join together again to cheer on the team.”
The PNC Park Clubhouse Store, food and beverage vendors and local bars and restaurants will be open for business, officials said.
Fans are encouraged to bring chairs. Grills and glass bottles are not be permitted.
Federal Street and the Clemente Bridge will close to vehicle traffic at 10 a.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Hart ‘down a few days’ after cutting foot
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Pirates willing to consider high salary to keep star McCutchen
- Burnett’s farewell tour wishlist has just 1 item: Pirates World Series
- Pirates notebook: Sadler gets first Grapefruit start
- Sawchik: Should McCutchen really get a huge salary bump?
- Pirates notebook: Team has big plans for newcomer Kang
- Pirates notebook: Infield prospect Hanson used to playing elders
- The Starting Nine: Silver linings for Alvarez
- Pirates ready to prove they have best outfield in baseball