Pirates sign trio of players from Mexico
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Oct. 17, 2013, 6:54 p.m.
The Pirates signed three teenage players from Mexico this week; Mikell Grandberry, Eumir Sepulveda and Carlos Bustamante.
Grandberry, 18, is a strong defensive catching prospect who is regarded as having the highest ceiling of the group. Bustamante, 18 and Sepulveda, 17, are right-handed pitchers from the Yucatan Lions in the Mexican League.
The pitchers were signed by Pirates scout Jesus Valdez. No terms were immediately available.
The players will debut in the Dominican Summer League next summer.
— Travis Sawchik
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade for Mets first baseman Davis
- Pirates notebook: Players show support for Franklin Regional
- Breaking down Saturday’s Pirates-Brewers game
- Alvarez struggles as Pirates fall short against Brewers
- Pirates notebook: Walker’s razor a right-handed swing solution
- Biertempfel: Expect less yelling with MLB’s replay system
- Pirates swept in Milwaukee, fall to .500 heading into Cincinnati
- Pirates notebook: Rivalry with Reds resumes
- Pirates gameday
- Previewing Wednesday’s Pirates-Reds game
- Breaking down Thursday’s Pirates-Brewers game