Pirates sign trio of players from Mexico
The Pirates signed three teenage players from Mexico this week; Mikell Grandberry, Eumir Sepulveda and Carlos Bustamante.
Grandberry, 18, is a strong defensive catching prospect who is regarded as having the highest ceiling of the group. Bustamante, 18 and Sepulveda, 17, are right-handed pitchers from the Yucatan Lions in the Mexican League.
The pitchers were signed by Pirates scout Jesus Valdez. No terms were immediately available.
The players will debut in the Dominican Summer League next summer.
— Travis Sawchik
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Kang settling in to comfort zone
- Gameday: Pirates vs. San Diego Padres, June 8, 2015
- Pirates notebook: Four players selected for All-Star Game
- Pirates get journeyman Ishikawa off waivers; outfielder Marte injured
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- Torn thumb ligament puts Pirates’ Harrison on 15-day disabled list
- Gameday: Pirates vs San Diego Padres, July 7, 2015
- Alvarez’s walk-off single lifts Pirates over Padres
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Padres, July 6, 2015
- Alvarez homer triggers winning outburst for Pirates
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers