Mazeroski memorabilia auction rakes in $1.7M
The uniform that Bill Mazeroski wore when he blasted a walk-off home run for the Pirates during the final game of the 1960 World Series has a new owner after an auction of the former player's memorabilia.
Hunt Auctions said Saturday the collection took in $1.7 million, with the uniform commanding a sales price of $633,000.
Buyers also snapped up a bat and cleats from the epic Game 7, when his solo homer in the bottom of the 9th inning brought the title to Pittsburgh.
Other items sold include six Gold Glove awards he won during the 1950s and ‘60s.
Mazeroski played for the Pirates from 1956 to 1972 and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 2001.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thursday’s scouting report: Red Sox at Pirates
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle quiet on rotation plans
- Morton, Pirates blank Red Sox in series opener
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Red Sox at Pirates
- Pitt notebook: Expanded game plan likely awaits Iowa
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Red Sox at Pirates
- Biertempfel: In wild-card game, Cole must get call
- Pirates notebook: Holdzkom’s wild ride continues
- Pirates notebook: Morton to start Tuesday against Red Sox