Pirates announce 2014 single-game ticket sales date and promotions
Single-game tickets for the Pirates' 2014 season will go on sale at 10 a.m. on Nov. 29, the club announced Friday.
New for the 2014 season is the three-tier variable pricing system. Opening Day, all Saturday games beginning in May, and games against the Red Sox and Phillies, are designated as “Gold” games and will feature the highest prices.
There are 17 “Gold” games. Saturday games in April and Friday games beginning in May are designated as “Black” games and will be priced lower than “Gold.” There are 12 “Black” games. The remaining 52 home games are labeled as “White” games, which will feature the lowest prices.
There is a limited inventory for the home opener March 31 vs. the Cubs.
The club also announced its promotional schedule for 2014 on Friday.
Notable promotions include a Pedro Alvarez bobblehead for the first 25,000 fans on May 24, an Andrew McCutchen bobblehead for the first 25,000 fans on June 28, and the return of “Free Shirt Fridays” for all 13 Friday home games.
Sundays will again be designated as “Kids Days.”
The 2014 PNC Park concert series includes postgame performances by the Goo Goo Dolls on June 7 and Gavin DeGraw on Aug. 30.
Tickets call be purchased online at pirates.com/tickets, at the PNC Park main ticket office, or by calling 1-877-893-2827.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: New acquisition Happ more than happy to fill spot in rotation
- Reds solve Cole, stave off Pirates’ 9th-inning rally
- Starting 9: Examining Pirates’ deadline decisions
- Biertempfel: Players, MLB agree logic of season’s setup needs to be examined
- Pirates farmhand Suchy learns limits of his size, strength
- Gameday: Pirates at Reds, Aug. 2, 2015
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- Pirates place Burnett on 15-day disabled list
- Hurdle: Soria likely to assume setup role with Watson
- Gameday: Pirates at Cincinnati, Aug. 1, 2015