Pirates bring back 4 minor-league skippers
The Pirates have brought back four of their minor league managers this season.
Dean Treanor will begin his fourth year at Triple-A Indianapolis, which went 80-60 last season and qualified for the International League playoffs. Also returning are Carlos Garcia (Double-A Altoona), Michael Ryan (Low-A West Virginia) and Milver Reyes (rookie league Bradenton).
Tom Prince, who was the Pirates' coordinator of minor league instruction last year, will manage High-A Bradenton. Frank Kremblas, who managed Bradenton last year, was shifted to special assistant to player development, a role he held with the Pirates in 2012.
Brian Esposito, who was a player/coach last year, will manage Low-A Jamestown. Dave Turgeon, who managed Jamestown last year, now is the Pirates' assistant field coordinator.
Edgar Varela will manage at rookie level Bristol after working as a coach at High-A Bradenton in 2013. Mendy Lopez will lead the Pirates' entry in the Dominican Summer League.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Pirates notebook: Huntington staying patient as trade deadline approaches
- Pirates notebook: Polanco, Puig held out of series opener
- Polanco turned down multiyear deal worth $75 million with Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Similarity found in Alvarez throwing errors
- Mercer’s run-scoring double in 11th lifts Pirates over Rockies
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Dodgers at Pirates