Previewing Sunday's Pirates-Cardinals game
• Sunday will mark Adam Wainwright's 250th career outing. In his previous start Monday against the Reds, Wainwright notched his 100th career victory. With his next win, he will tie Matt Morris, Larry Jackson and Max Lanier for 10th place on the Cardinals' all-time list.
• This will be Edinson Volquez's second game, but first start of the season. He tossed two innings out of the bullpen Thursday. Manager Clint Hurdle said Volquez will not have a lower pitch count Sunday despite working Thursday.
• 1B Gaby Sanchez has not started any of the Pirates' first five games. Sunday would be a tough time for him to make his debut as Sanchez is hitless in four career at-bats against Wainwright.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Pirates notebook: Tabata rediscovering his power
- Pirates willing to consider high salary to keep star McCutchen
- Lincoln tries to rejuvenate career in second stint with Pirates
- Rossi: Pirates better with Maz on scene
- Pirates notebook: Team has big plans for newcomer Kang
- Pirates notebook: Mercer gains celebrity in Kang’s home country
- Team interaction important to Pirates veteran pitcher Burnett
- Pirates notebook: Nutting expects club to win division title
- Pirates ready to prove they have best outfield in baseball
- Pirates looking at ways to make McCutchen’s off days more productive