Previewing Sunday's Pirates-Cardinals game
• Sunday will mark Adam Wainwright's 250th career outing. In his previous start Monday against the Reds, Wainwright notched his 100th career victory. With his next win, he will tie Matt Morris, Larry Jackson and Max Lanier for 10th place on the Cardinals' all-time list.
• This will be Edinson Volquez's second game, but first start of the season. He tossed two innings out of the bullpen Thursday. Manager Clint Hurdle said Volquez will not have a lower pitch count Sunday despite working Thursday.
• 1B Gaby Sanchez has not started any of the Pirates' first five games. Sunday would be a tough time for him to make his debut as Sanchez is hitless in four career at-bats against Wainwright.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates cut 12, including outfielder Tabata and pitcher Lincoln
- About face: Pirates’ Burnett now digging the shifts
- Pirates notebook: Worley bounces back after rough start
- Forbes: Pirates worth $900 million
- Hair Cutch: Pirates superstar lops off his locks for charity
- Spring training breakdown: Braves 7, Pirates 5
- Pirates’ Harrison working to use 2014 success as building block
- Reliever Caminero’s chances of making Pirates’ roster heating up
- Pirates notebook: RV is home to pitcher Lincoln for spring training
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 4, Twins 2
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen says he’s ‘glad’ to be on field