PIRATES GAMEDAY: A preview of Wednesday's Pirates-Orioles game
7:05 p.m. Wednesday
Camden Yards, Baltimore
TV/radio: Root sports/ 93.7 FM, 1480 AM, 1450 AM, Pirates Radio Network
Probable pitchers: Pirates RHP Charlie Morton (0-3, 4.35) vs. Orioles RHP Chris Tillman (3-1, 3.38)
Pirates beat reporterRob Biertempfel's inside look at Wednesday's game:
• Tony Sanchez has hit safely in each of his first eight games this season, which ties him with Andrew McCutchen for the longest string this year by a Pirates player. Sanchez's streak is the longest by a NL rookie and the second-longest in the majors among rookies this year. .
• Orioles OF Nick Markakis leads all active players and ranks fourth all-time with a .336 average in interleague play. His .390 on-base percentage is 12th among active players. Since April 16, Markakis has hit safely in 10 of 11 games, including six multi-hit performances. In that span, he's batting .372 with a .481 OBP and a .442 slugging percentage.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: GM sticking to plan with Kang
- Cole overcomes rough start as Pirates sweep Brewers
- Biertempfel: Low turnover helps keep Pirates’ chemistry intact
- Pirates pitchers have margin for error, in mphs, and they need it
- Pirates notebook: Is it time for Kang to head to Indy?
- Pirates minor league report: Rapid advancement to test Tucker
- Pirates get ready to face Brewers pitcher Nelson, hope for better results