PIRATES GAMEDAY: A preview of Wednesday's Pirates-Orioles game
7:05 p.m. Wednesday
Camden Yards, Baltimore
TV/radio: Root sports/ 93.7 FM, 1480 AM, 1450 AM, Pirates Radio Network
Probable pitchers: Pirates RHP Charlie Morton (0-3, 4.35) vs. Orioles RHP Chris Tillman (3-1, 3.38)
Pirates beat reporterRob Biertempfel's inside look at Wednesday's game:
• Tony Sanchez has hit safely in each of his first eight games this season, which ties him with Andrew McCutchen for the longest string this year by a Pirates player. Sanchez's streak is the longest by a NL rookie and the second-longest in the majors among rookies this year. .
• Orioles OF Nick Markakis leads all active players and ranks fourth all-time with a .336 average in interleague play. His .390 on-base percentage is 12th among active players. Since April 16, Markakis has hit safely in 10 of 11 games, including six multi-hit performances. In that span, he's batting .372 with a .481 OBP and a .442 slugging percentage.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Pirates notebook: Marte gets earful from Hurdle about lazy play
- Rossi: Hurdle needs better players, not blame
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Mets, May 22, 2015
- Alvarez’s homer into river not enough for Pirates in loss to Twins
- Improved Tabata rejoins Pirates roster
- Pace-of-play rules are catching on with Pirates this season
- Pirates’ prospect Taillon returns to mound following surgery