Previewing Friday's Blue Jays-Pirates game
• Welcome back to Pittsburgh, Jose Bautista. The slugger will make his first appearance at PNC Park since being traded for backup C Robinzon Diaz on Aug. 25, 2008. Bautista has hit 176 homers with a .928 OPS since then. Diaz hasn't played in the majors since 2009.
• Brandon Morrow was wild in his last outing, issuing a career-high eight walks in 2 2⁄3 innings against the Red Sox. With his WHIP up to 1.57, Morrow might be running out of chances to stay in the Blue Jays' rotation. Left-handed hitters are batting .285 with a .743 OPS against Morrow. Righties and lefties are hitting a combined .257 off Morrow with runners on base.
The town of Fort Meade, Fla., is considering placing a statue of Andrew McCutchen along its Martin Luther King Jr. Street. Town leaders want to place the statues to honor influential and noteworthy members of the community, which has a population of 5,800.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- About face: Pirates’ Burnett now digging the shifts
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 4, Twins 2
- Forbes: Pirates worth $900 million
- Hair Cutch: Pirates superstar lops off his locks for charity
- Pirates’ Harrison working to use 2014 success as building block
- Pirates notebook: Worley bounces back after rough start
- Reliever Caminero’s chances of making Pirates’ roster heating up
- Spring training breakdown: Braves 7, Pirates 5
- McCutchen says injury won’t prevent him from playing Opening Day