Previewing Friday's Blue Jays-Pirates game
• Welcome back to Pittsburgh, Jose Bautista. The slugger will make his first appearance at PNC Park since being traded for backup C Robinzon Diaz on Aug. 25, 2008. Bautista has hit 176 homers with a .928 OPS since then. Diaz hasn't played in the majors since 2009.
• Brandon Morrow was wild in his last outing, issuing a career-high eight walks in 2 2⁄3 innings against the Red Sox. With his WHIP up to 1.57, Morrow might be running out of chances to stay in the Blue Jays' rotation. Left-handed hitters are batting .285 with a .743 OPS against Morrow. Righties and lefties are hitting a combined .257 off Morrow with runners on base.
The town of Fort Meade, Fla., is considering placing a statue of Andrew McCutchen along its Martin Luther King Jr. Street. Town leaders want to place the statues to honor influential and noteworthy members of the community, which has a population of 5,800.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Kang’s 9th-inning home run gives Pirates wild victory over Twins
- Pirates notebook: Melancon bails out Watson with extended outing
- Gameday: Pirates at Reds, July 30, 2015
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Gameday: Pirates at Twins, July 29, 2015
- Pirates’ Liriano unaffected by poor last outing against Twins
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise to interleague victory over Twins
- Pirates trade for familiar face in Ramirez