Previewing Friday's Blue Jays-Pirates game
• Welcome back to Pittsburgh, Jose Bautista. The slugger will make his first appearance at PNC Park since being traded for backup C Robinzon Diaz on Aug. 25, 2008. Bautista has hit 176 homers with a .928 OPS since then. Diaz hasn't played in the majors since 2009.
• Brandon Morrow was wild in his last outing, issuing a career-high eight walks in 2 2⁄3 innings against the Red Sox. With his WHIP up to 1.57, Morrow might be running out of chances to stay in the Blue Jays' rotation. Left-handed hitters are batting .285 with a .743 OPS against Morrow. Righties and lefties are hitting a combined .257 off Morrow with runners on base.
The town of Fort Meade, Fla., is considering placing a statue of Andrew McCutchen along its Martin Luther King Jr. Street. Town leaders want to place the statues to honor influential and noteworthy members of the community, which has a population of 5,800.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Torn thumb ligament puts Pirates’ Harrison on DL
- Pirates notebook: Four players selected for All-Star Game
- Gameday: Pirates vs San Diego Padres, July 7, 2015
- Pirates get journeyman Ishikawa off waivers; outfielder Marte injured
- Alvarez homer triggers winning outburst for Pirates
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Padres, July 6, 2015
- Starting 9: Pirates missing out on young bat
- Biertempfel: Loss of All-Star paper ballots a blow to nostalgia
- Pirates minor league report: Ramirez more mindful while at plate
- Pirates trust eye test when voting for all-stars