Previewing Friday's Blue Jays-Pirates game
• Welcome back to Pittsburgh, Jose Bautista. The slugger will make his first appearance at PNC Park since being traded for backup C Robinzon Diaz on Aug. 25, 2008. Bautista has hit 176 homers with a .928 OPS since then. Diaz hasn't played in the majors since 2009.
• Brandon Morrow was wild in his last outing, issuing a career-high eight walks in 22⁄3 innings against the Red Sox. With his WHIP up to 1.57, Morrow might be running out of chances to stay in the Blue Jays' rotation. Left-handed hitters are batting .285 with a .743 OPS against Morrow. Righties and lefties are hitting a combined .257 off Morrow with runners on base.
The town of Fort Meade, Fla., is considering placing a statue of Andrew McCutchen along its Martin Luther King Jr. Street. Town leaders want to place the statues to honor influential and noteworthy members of the community, which has a population of 5,800.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Pirates to end spring in Philadelphia again, sign Stinson to minor league deal
- Pirates will implement price increase for 2015 tickets
- Pirates organization to continue pursuing value free agents in offseason
- Pirates’ Banister named finalist for Rangers’ managing job
- Pirates bench coach Jeff Banister named Rangers manager