Previewing Friday's Blue Jays-Pirates game
• Welcome back to Pittsburgh, Jose Bautista. The slugger will make his first appearance at PNC Park since being traded for backup C Robinzon Diaz on Aug. 25, 2008. Bautista has hit 176 homers with a .928 OPS since then. Diaz hasn't played in the majors since 2009.
• Brandon Morrow was wild in his last outing, issuing a career-high eight walks in 2 2⁄3 innings against the Red Sox. With his WHIP up to 1.57, Morrow might be running out of chances to stay in the Blue Jays' rotation. Left-handed hitters are batting .285 with a .743 OPS against Morrow. Righties and lefties are hitting a combined .257 off Morrow with runners on base.
The town of Fort Meade, Fla., is considering placing a statue of Andrew McCutchen along its Martin Luther King Jr. Street. Town leaders want to place the statues to honor influential and noteworthy members of the community, which has a population of 5,800.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two wild-card format hurting Pirates in short term
- Pirates make 6 September call-ups
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- Gameday: Pirates at Brewers, Sept. 1, 2015
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- Biertempfel: Pittsburgh native faced quick learning curve as Marlins GM
- Pirates notebook: Burnett encouraged by extended simulated game
- Starting 9: Pirates place renewed emphasis on nabbing base-stealers
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Patience serves as virtue amid prospect Glasnow’s quest for majors
- Pirates turn nifty double play in 9th, edge Marlins