Pirates-Orioles rained out again, doubleheader Thursday
BALTIMORE — The Pirates and Baltimore Orioles had their baseball game rained out for the second day in a row, necessitating a doubleheader Thursday at Camden Yards.
The first game of the doubleheader will start at 4:05 p.m., with Charlie Morton opposing Baltimore's Bud Norris. Game 2 will begin approximately 30 minutes after the completion of the first game. Brandon Cumpton is scheduled to face Baltimore's Chris Tillman in that game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates notebook: Barmes back, gets start at SS
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Cardinals at Pirates
- Pirates top Cardinals, 5-2, on Davis’ homer; Alvarez, McCutchen hurt
- Pirates’ Axford overcame long odds to reach majors
- Pirates send Polanco to Triple-A Indianapolis; Tabata, Barmes return
- Biertempfel: Bucs must balance playing hurt or sitting out
- Minor league notes: Baseball vagabonds improve stock with strong seasons
- Pirates notebook: Breakout of catching prospect Diaz a pleasant surprise
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Cardinals at Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Sanchez makes 1st start at first base with Indy
- Alvarez delivers 2 homers as Pirates pummel Brewers, 10-2