Previewing Sunday's Pirates-Cardinals game
• Since April 25, Cardinals SS Jhonny Peralta has batted .365 (19 for 52), and has seven multi-hit games in his past 13 starts. In that span, Peralta is third in the National League with a .632 slugging percentage, trailing only Troy Tulowitzky (.860) and Marlon Byrd (.733). Peralta has hit four of his eight home runs against the Pirates.
• Friday, Cardinals reliever Pat Neshek made his team-high 18th appearance and stretched his scoreless streak to 11 1⁄3 innings over his past 13 outings. Neshek's longest career scoreless string is 16 1⁄3 innings, set in 2007 with the Twins. His 0.64 WHIP ranks third among NL relievers. Neshek has inherited a team-high 16 runners, and six have scored.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to Reds
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment
- Gameday: Pirates at Reds, July 31, 2015
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Pirates notebook: Melancon bails out Watson with extended outing
- Gameday: Pirates at Reds, July 30, 2015
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Cole collects MLB-best 14th win as Pirates take series against Nationals
- Polanco’s RBI in 10th lifts Pirates to 3rd straight win over Cardinals
- Pirates minor league report: Moore a breakout star in Morgantown