Previewing Sunday's Pirates-Cardinals game
• Since April 25, Cardinals SS Jhonny Peralta has batted .365 (19 for 52), and has seven multi-hit games in his past 13 starts. In that span, Peralta is third in the National League with a .632 slugging percentage, trailing only Troy Tulowitzky (.860) and Marlon Byrd (.733). Peralta has hit four of his eight home runs against the Pirates.
• Friday, Cardinals reliever Pat Neshek made his team-high 18th appearance and stretched his scoreless streak to 111⁄3 innings over his past 13 outings. Neshek's longest career scoreless string is 161⁄3 innings, set in 2007 with the Twins. His 0.64 WHIP ranks third among NL relievers. Neshek has inherited a team-high 16 runners, and six have scored.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates stumble in bid for sweep, lose to Giants, 7-5
- Pirates’ Alvarez continues to sit, work on throwing woes
- Thursday’s scouting report: Pirates at Diamondbacks
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Pirates think Mercer’s defense deserves more credit
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Giants
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Biertempfel: Locke looks toward postseason run