Previewing Sunday's Pirates-Cardinals game
• Since April 25, Cardinals SS Jhonny Peralta has batted .365 (19 for 52), and has seven multi-hit games in his past 13 starts. In that span, Peralta is third in the National League with a .632 slugging percentage, trailing only Troy Tulowitzky (.860) and Marlon Byrd (.733). Peralta has hit four of his eight home runs against the Pirates.
• Friday, Cardinals reliever Pat Neshek made his team-high 18th appearance and stretched his scoreless streak to 11 1⁄3 innings over his past 13 outings. Neshek's longest career scoreless string is 16 1⁄3 innings, set in 2007 with the Twins. His 0.64 WHIP ranks third among NL relievers. Neshek has inherited a team-high 16 runners, and six have scored.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Rossi: Hurdle needs better players, not blame
- Pirates notebook: Marte gets earful from Hurdle about lazy play
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Mets, May 22, 2015
- Mauer’s 13th-inning homer spells doom for Pirates in home loss
- Improved Tabata rejoins Pirates roster
- Pace-of-play rules are catching on with Pirates this season
- Pirates’ prospect Taillon returns to mound following surgery
- Pirates minor league report: Moroff showing his moves at plate
- Alvarez’s homer into river not enough for Pirates in loss to Twins
- Starting 9: Should Pirates maximize McCutchen window by trading for a star?