Previewing Sunday's Pirates-Cardinals game
• Since April 25, Cardinals SS Jhonny Peralta has batted .365 (19 for 52), and has seven multi-hit games in his past 13 starts. In that span, Peralta is third in the National League with a .632 slugging percentage, trailing only Troy Tulowitzky (.860) and Marlon Byrd (.733). Peralta has hit four of his eight home runs against the Pirates.
• Friday, Cardinals reliever Pat Neshek made his team-high 18th appearance and stretched his scoreless streak to 111⁄3 innings over his past 13 outings. Neshek's longest career scoreless string is 161⁄3 innings, set in 2007 with the Twins. His 0.64 WHIP ranks third among NL relievers. Neshek has inherited a team-high 16 runners, and six have scored.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Barmes back, gets start at SS
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Cardinals at Pirates
- Pirates top Cardinals, 5-2, on Davis’ homer; Alvarez, McCutchen hurt
- Minor league notes: Baseball vagabonds improve stock with strong seasons
- Pirates send Polanco to Triple-A Indianapolis; Tabata, Barmes return
- Stats Corner: Can Pirates’ Polanco handle the heat in season’s final weeks?
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Cardinals at Pirates
- Rossi: Walker’s back another blow to Bucs
- Rossi: Pirates showing more this summer
- Biertempfel: Bucs must balance playing hurt or sitting out
- Braves’ error, Sanchez’s sacrifice fly in 9th help Pirates snap long skid