Previewing Sunday's Pirates-Cardinals game
• Since April 25, Cardinals SS Jhonny Peralta has batted .365 (19 for 52), and has seven multi-hit games in his past 13 starts. In that span, Peralta is third in the National League with a .632 slugging percentage, trailing only Troy Tulowitzky (.860) and Marlon Byrd (.733). Peralta has hit four of his eight home runs against the Pirates.
• Friday, Cardinals reliever Pat Neshek made his team-high 18th appearance and stretched his scoreless streak to 111⁄3 innings over his past 13 outings. Neshek's longest career scoreless string is 161⁄3 innings, set in 2007 with the Twins. His 0.64 WHIP ranks third among NL relievers. Neshek has inherited a team-high 16 runners, and six have scored.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Friday’s scouting report: Pirates at Rockies
- Statistically speaking: Rockies’ bullpen suffering meltdowns
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Pirates notebook: Huntington staying patient as trade deadline approaches
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- Stats Corner: Did Pirates win Grilli-Frieri trade?
- Pirates notebook: Bucs to target pitching on trade market