Sunday's scouting report: Nationals at Pirates
• Since 2005, the Nationals are 13-9 in one-run games against the Pirates. Fifteen of the past 19 games in the series have been decided by two runs or fewer, and the Pirates are 9-6 in those games.
• Nationals 1B Adam LaRoche, who's out with a strained right quad, played in a minor league rehab game Friday at Double-A Harrisburg. He is eligible to come off the disabled list Sunday, and is expected to be in the Nationals' lineup for the series finale against the Pirates. Before going on the DL, LaRoche was hitting .319 with a .925 OPS. In his career vs. the Pirates, LaRoche has batted .351 with an 1.133 OPS. He's hit eight home runs in 37 games against his former team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Pirates’ search for division title rests on starting rotation’s health
- Pirates notebook: Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Spring training breakdown: Braves 7, Pirates 5
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 3
- Pirates notebook: Locke the choice to be 5th starter