Sunday's scouting report: Nationals at Pirates
• Since 2005, the Nationals are 13-9 in one-run games against the Pirates. Fifteen of the past 19 games in the series have been decided by two runs or fewer, and the Pirates are 9-6 in those games.
• Nationals 1B Adam LaRoche, who's out with a strained right quad, played in a minor league rehab game Friday at Double-A Harrisburg. He is eligible to come off the disabled list Sunday, and is expected to be in the Nationals' lineup for the series finale against the Pirates. Before going on the DL, LaRoche was hitting .319 with a .925 OPS. In his career vs. the Pirates, LaRoche has batted .351 with an 1.133 OPS. He's hit eight home runs in 37 games against his former team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates notebook: Harrison’s day cut short by ankle injury
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Pirates special instructor Tekulve taking second chance to heart
- Surgeon to examine Pirates’ Cumpton after pitcher experienced elbow discomfort
- Pirates notebook: Team has big plans for newcomer Kang
- Pirates notebook: Mercer gains celebrity in Kang’s home country
- Burnett’s farewell tour wishlist has just 1 item: Pirates World Series
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 7