Sunday's scouting report: Nationals at Pirates
• Since 2005, the Nationals are 13-9 in one-run games against the Pirates. Fifteen of the past 19 games in the series have been decided by two runs or fewer, and the Pirates are 9-6 in those games.
• Nationals 1B Adam LaRoche, who's out with a strained right quad, played in a minor league rehab game Friday at Double-A Harrisburg. He is eligible to come off the disabled list Sunday, and is expected to be in the Nationals' lineup for the series finale against the Pirates. Before going on the DL, LaRoche was hitting .319 with a .925 OPS. In his career vs. the Pirates, LaRoche has batted .351 with an 1.133 OPS. He's hit eight home runs in 37 games against his former team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Pirates cut ties with Davis, clearing path for Alvarez to play first base
- Pirates ready to protect top pitching prospects from Rule 5 draft
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen is MVP finalist; Hurdle finalist for NL top manager
- Pirates’ Hurdle finishes 2nd to Nationals’ Williams in NL Manager of the Year voting
- Scouts: Acquiring Cervelli from Yankees cost Pirates promising reliever
- Pirates agree to terms with pitcher Burnett
- Pirates notebook: Team offered catcher Martin 4-year contract