Sunday's scouting report: Nationals at Pirates
• Since 2005, the Nationals are 13-9 in one-run games against the Pirates. Fifteen of the past 19 games in the series have been decided by two runs or fewer, and the Pirates are 9-6 in those games.
• Nationals 1B Adam LaRoche, who's out with a strained right quad, played in a minor league rehab game Friday at Double-A Harrisburg. He is eligible to come off the disabled list Sunday, and is expected to be in the Nationals' lineup for the series finale against the Pirates. Before going on the DL, LaRoche was hitting .319 with a .925 OPS. In his career vs. the Pirates, LaRoche has batted .351 with an 1.133 OPS. He's hit eight home runs in 37 games against his former team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Braves
- Pirates find a bridge at end of baseball world in Holdzkom
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- Pirates notebook: Bucs set single-season attendance record
- Pirates, Worley edge Brewers, 1-0, move to cusp of playoffs
- Monday’s scouting report: Pirates at Braves
- Pirates notebook: Holdzkom’s wild ride continues
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Martin’s homer rescues Pirates in 4-2 victory over Brewers
- Rossi: The series that will define these Pirates