• Orioles outfielder Nelson Cruz left Sunday's game against the Astros with a bruised left hand after being hit by a pitch in the third inning. Cruz entered the game hitting .315 and has a major league-leading 20 homers and 52 RBIs. Cruz was hit by Scott Feldman on the side of his left hand in the third inning. He remained in the game before he was replaced in right field for the bottom of the third inning. The team said X-rays were negative and he is listed as day-to-day.
• A.J. Pollock will have surgery on his fractured right hand in the next few days and Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson expects the young outfielder to be sidelined approximately five to eight weeks. Gibson, speaking before Sunday's game against the Reds, said that timetable was just a guess. The Diamondbacks placed Pollock on the 15-day disabled list and purchased the contract of outfielder David Peralta from Double-A Mobile. Peralta was in the Arizona lineup in left field for his major league debut. Pollock, in his second full season in the majors, was hit in the hand by the Reds' Johnny Cueto in the eighth inning of Saturday's loss.
• Giants first baseman Michael Morse was scratched from the lineup after fouling a ball off his left foot during batting practice. Morse was replaced in the lineup against the Cardinals by Joaquin Arias. Morse is hitting .295 with 11 home runs and 38 RBIs.
• The Rays placed right fielder Wil Myers on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained his right wrist. Myers was injured on the final play of a Friday loss to the Red Sox when his hand slapped the ground as he landed following a collision with center fielder Desmond Jennings.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.