Friday's scouting report: Brewers at Pirates
• The Brewers activated Aramis Ramirez from the disabled list Wednesday. He had been out of action since injuring his hamstring during a game May 10. Ramirez is 40 games shy of reaching 2,000 in his career. He ranks seventh on the all-time list with 356 HRs as a third baseman.
• In a dozen games since being moved into the leadoff spot, Brewers SS Jean Segura batted .333 (18 for 54) with 12 runs scored. He is 7 for 12 (.583) with seven runs scored in the first inning of those games.
Reliever Stolmy Pimentel (right shoulder inflammation) is slated to throw three innings Friday in a rehab outing with Double-A Altoona. Pimentel is out of options, so the Pirates could face a tough decision when he is ready to be activated off the disabled list.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation
- Pirates notebook: Morton lacks efficiency in spring training debut
- Pirates look to put more pressure on opposition with better baserunning
- Pirates notebook: Harrison’s day cut short by ankle injury
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Spring training breakdown: Yankees 2, Pirates 1
- Pirates special instructor Tekulve taking second chance to heart
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Pirates notebook: Sadler gets first Grapefruit start
- Pirates acquire ex-Marlins reliever