Friday's scouting report: Brewers at Pirates
• The Brewers activated Aramis Ramirez from the disabled list Wednesday. He had been out of action since injuring his hamstring during a game May 10. Ramirez is 40 games shy of reaching 2,000 in his career. He ranks seventh on the all-time list with 356 HRs as a third baseman.
• In a dozen games since being moved into the leadoff spot, Brewers SS Jean Segura batted .333 (18 for 54) with 12 runs scored. He is 7 for 12 (.583) with seven runs scored in the first inning of those games.
Reliever Stolmy Pimentel (right shoulder inflammation) is slated to throw three innings Friday in a rehab outing with Double-A Altoona. Pimentel is out of options, so the Pirates could face a tough decision when he is ready to be activated off the disabled list.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bumgarner quiets Blackout crowd with 4-hit shutout
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Pirates notebook: Nutting says team may ‘stretch’ for Martin
- Giants’ Crawford makes history with slam
- Ex-Pirate Tekulve: PNC Park reception ‘unbelievable’
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Harrison’s ‘magic’ has helped to carry Pirates into MLB’s postseason
- Pirates notebook: Martin feels ‘pretty good,’ will start vs. Giants
- Volquez latest rehabbed arm to get ball on big stage for Pirates
- Do Pirates have what it takes to end World Series drought?
- Pirates take a different road to same destination in 2014