Friday's scouting report: Brewers at Pirates
• The Brewers activated Aramis Ramirez from the disabled list Wednesday. He had been out of action since injuring his hamstring during a game May 10. Ramirez is 40 games shy of reaching 2,000 in his career. He ranks seventh on the all-time list with 356 HRs as a third baseman.
• In a dozen games since being moved into the leadoff spot, Brewers SS Jean Segura batted .333 (18 for 54) with 12 runs scored. He is 7 for 12 (.583) with seven runs scored in the first inning of those games.
Reliever Stolmy Pimentel (right shoulder inflammation) is slated to throw three innings Friday in a rehab outing with Double-A Altoona. Pimentel is out of options, so the Pirates could face a tough decision when he is ready to be activated off the disabled list.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Pirates fans on edge as season again coming down to wild card
- Starting 9: How can the Pirates catch the Cardinals in the future?
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Reds, Oct. 4, 2015
- Pirates notebook: It’s official: Cole to start wild-card game against Cubs
- Marte’s 2-run homer in 12th polishes off Reds
- Pirates notebook: Morton traces struggles to mechanics of delivery
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Reds October 3, 2015
- Arrieta, Cubs snap Pirates’ 8-game win streak
- Photo gallery: Last Pirates game at Three Rivers Stadium, Oct. 1, 2000