Friday's scouting report: Brewers at Pirates
• The Brewers activated Aramis Ramirez from the disabled list Wednesday. He had been out of action since injuring his hamstring during a game May 10. Ramirez is 40 games shy of reaching 2,000 in his career. He ranks seventh on the all-time list with 356 HRs as a third baseman.
• In a dozen games since being moved into the leadoff spot, Brewers SS Jean Segura batted .333 (18 for 54) with 12 runs scored. He is 7 for 12 (.583) with seven runs scored in the first inning of those games.
Reliever Stolmy Pimentel (right shoulder inflammation) is slated to throw three innings Friday in a rehab outing with Double-A Altoona. Pimentel is out of options, so the Pirates could face a tough decision when he is ready to be activated off the disabled list.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- Baseball America names Pirates as organization of the year
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Pirates, Orioles had trade talks involving 2B Walker
- Pirates protect top prospects in advance of Rule 5 draft
- Pirates sign independent league pitcher