Friday's scouting report: Brewers at Pirates
• The Brewers activated Aramis Ramirez from the disabled list Wednesday. He had been out of action since injuring his hamstring during a game May 10. Ramirez is 40 games shy of reaching 2,000 in his career. He ranks seventh on the all-time list with 356 HRs as a third baseman.
• In a dozen games since being moved into the leadoff spot, Brewers SS Jean Segura batted .333 (18 for 54) with 12 runs scored. He is 7 for 12 (.583) with seven runs scored in the first inning of those games.
Reliever Stolmy Pimentel (right shoulder inflammation) is slated to throw three innings Friday in a rehab outing with Double-A Altoona. Pimentel is out of options, so the Pirates could face a tough decision when he is ready to be activated off the disabled list.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Marte, McCutchen out of starting lineup in series finale
- Polanco, bullpen come up clutch as Pirates capture win over Cubs
- Gameday: Pirates at Diamondbacks, April 24, 2015
- Super-agent Boras says Pirates will have opportunity to re-sign Alvarez, Cole
- Pitchers Worley, Watson work out of jams to help Pirates knock off Cubs
- Pirates notebook: No demotion for closer Melancon
- Fans of Pirates embrace PNC Park home opener, hope for great season
- Rossi: After home opener, Pirates fans must show
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Cubs April 23, 2015