Sunday's scouting report: Mets at Pirates
• Going into Saturday's game, the Mets led the NL and were third in the majors with 287 walks. Even with all those free passes, the Mets' .672 on-base percentage was third-worst in the league. OF Curtis Granderson was tied for second in the NL with 48 walks. Granderson has drawn 18 walks in June, third-most in the big leagues.
• Over his past seven starts, Bartolo Colon is 6-0 with a 1.58 ERA and a .191 opponents' batting average. He has gotten 39 strikeouts and allowed nine walks over his last 51 1⁄3 IP. He has allowed two or fewer runs in all seven of those starts, which equals the best stretch of his career. Colon has gotten a hit in each of his past two starts. In 2002, Colon put together a career-best four-game hitting streak with Montreal.
Pirates president Frank Coonelly recently received the Southpointe CEO Association's annual World Class CEO award. Coonelly is the 13th winner of the award.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- Pirates place Burnett on 15-day disabled list
- Hurdle: Soria likely to assume setup role with Watson
- Gameday: Pirates at Cincinnati, Aug. 1, 2015
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment
- Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to Reds
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Gameday: Pirates at Reds, July 31, 2015
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Nationals, July 26, 2015