Tuesday's scouting report: Diamondbacks at Pirates
• Jeff Locke has gone 1-1 with a 3.74 ERA over his past five starts. He left three of those games with the lead, only to be the victim of a blown save. In two career outings (one start) vs. the Diamondbacks, Locke is 0-1 with a 14.40 ERA. He yielded eight runs on 10 hits in 2 2⁄3 IP on Aug. 17, 2013 at PNC Park. He tossed 2 1⁄3 scoreless innings of relief Aug. 9, 2012.
• Andrew McCutchen is riding an eight-game hitting streak and went 36 for 105 in June. Since the start of the 2012 season, McCutchen leads all NL players with 474 hits. He has a .342 average at PNC Park this year.
Sunday, manager Clint Hurdle indicated rookie RF Gregory Polanco will get the day off Tuesday vs. the Diamondbacks. “It's a good time for him to catch his breath,” Hurdle said. Polanco's average is down to .288 after going hitless in his past 12 at-bats.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cole outduels Mets rookie, carries Pirates to victory
- Pirates’ McCutchen laughs off pay stub leak
- Pirates notebook: Stewart, Cole develop rapport
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Mets, May 23, 2015
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Rossi: Hurdle needs better players, not blame
- Improved Tabata rejoins Pirates roster
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Mets, May 22, 2015
- Mauer’s 13th-inning homer spells doom for Pirates in home loss
- Pirates notebook: Marte gets earful from Hurdle about lazy play
- Bradenton outfielder Barnes burdened by his body